- Riedel's thyroiditis and fibrous variant of Hashimoto's thyroiditis: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study
Department of Internal Medicine, A U S L Modena, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:444-9. 2003
..The results of our study add further evidence regarding the separation of RT and HTFV in their peculiar clinical, laboratory, cyto-histological and immunohistochemical aspects...
- Nodular disease and parafollicular C-cell distribution: results from a prospective and retrospective clinico-pathological study on the thyroid isthmus
Chair of Endocrinology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 162:137-43. 2010
..The isthmus represents a peculiar, as yet partially unexplored, thyroid gland area...
- Sarcoidosis of the thyroid gland associated with hyperthyroidism: review of the literature and report of two peculiar cases
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 29:834-9. 2006
..Here, we review the literature on this association, report two patients presenting with hyperthyroidism and histologically-proven sarcoidosis, and discuss related clinical, biochemical, pathological and genetic findings...
- Value of routine measurement of serum calcitonin concentrations in patients with nodular thyroid disease: A multicenter study
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 29:427-37. 2006
..The routine measurement of serum calcitonin (CT) has been proposed for patients with nodular thyroid disease (NTD), to detect unsuspected medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) before surgery...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the thyroid gland associated with papillary thyroid carcinoma
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Thyroid 16:319-20. 2006
- Progression of subacute (de Quervain's) thyroiditis into Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology Unit, ASL Modena, Modena, Italy
Thyroid 14:477-8. 2004
- Concurrent lymph node metastases of medullary and papillary thyroid carcinoma in a case with RET oncogene germline mutation
Department of Internal Medicine, ASL Modena, University of Modena, Italy
Endocr Pathol 14:269-76. 2003
..We report this unique case, discuss related thyroid malignancies, and suggest possible underlying pathogenetic mechanisms...
- Metastases to the thyroid gland: prevalence, clinicopathological aspects and prognosis: a 10-year experience
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology Unit, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:565-71. 2007
..Metastases to thyroid (TM) are rarely observed in the clinical practice...
- Morphological and immunocytochemical diagnosis of thyroiditis: Comparison between conventional and liquid-based cytology
Esther Diana Rossi
Division of Anatomic Pathology and Histology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Agostino Gemelli School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 40:404-9. 2012
..5%. Among these cases, 10 had a benign histology and a concordant negative ICC. LBC can be used as a valid method for HT, especially for the possible application of ICC to HN, and it allows a correct preoperative selection of lesions..
- Primary spindle cell lesions of the thyroid gland; an overview
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 125:S95-123. 2006
..The present article reviews the clinical, imaging, pathologic, and immunohistochemical characteristics of primary T-SCL...
- Hurthle cell follicular carcinoma of the thyroid gland presenting with diffuse meningeal carcinomatosis and evolving to anaplastic carcinoma
Carlo Maria Stucchi
Department of Neurology, Ospedale S Agostino Estense, Modena, Italy
J Clin Pathol 60:831-2. 2007
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the thyroid gland
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology Unit, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Thyroid 17:119-26. 2007
..The present report reviews these cases and discusses epidemiology, etio-pathogenesis, clinical-pathologic characteristics, differential diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of thyroid SFT...
- Current concepts on Riedel thyroiditis
Department of Internal Medicine, ASL Modena, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 121:S50-63. 2004
..Histologic examination is necessary to establish the final diagnosis of RT. The present article reviews the most recent concepts about etiologic mechanisms, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management of RT..
- Subclinical hypothyroidism
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 14:197-208. 2007
..The main cause of subclinical hypothyroidism is autoimmune chronic thyroiditis. The present report reviews the most important and recent studies on subclinical hypothyroidism, and discusses the most controversial aspects of this topic...