- Semen quality of environmentally exposed human population: the toxicological consequence
Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 110029, India
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:8274-81. 2013
..Data of in vitro study were concurrent with epidemiological finding that might be useful in establishing the possible association between exposure and effect of these selected pollutants on sperm motility. ..
- Correlation of phthalate exposures with semen quality
Embryotoxicology Section, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, 80, M G Marg, LUCKNOW U P 226001, India
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 231:112-6. 2008
..The findings are suggestive that phthalates might be one among the contributing factors associated with the deterioration in semen quality and these adverse effects might be ROS, LPO and mitochondrial dysfunction mediated...
- Environmental and experimental exposure of phthalate esters: the toxicological consequence on human sperm
Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 30:507-14. 2011
..Results show the decrease in motility of sperms under in vitro conditions at the maximum range of in vivo measured levels and 5- or 10-folds higher to that found in human semen samples...
- Correlation of chlorinated pesticides concentration in semen with seminal vesicle and prostatic markers
Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Post Box No 80, M G Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Reprod Toxicol 19:209-14. 2004
..The study suggests that the chlorinated pesticides may influence the semen quality by affecting the seminal and prostatic functions in infertile men...
- Chlorinated pesticide concentration in semen of fertile and infertile men and correlation with sperm quality
Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Post Box No 80, M G Marg, Lucknow 226001, Uttar Pradesh, India
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 23:135-9. 2007
..HCH, DDT and its metabolites (pp'DDE and pp'DDD) were detected in semen samples of infertile males. The data showed significant association between β-HCH, γ-HCH, pp'DDE, pp'DDD with semen quality parameters...
- Correlation of trace mineral concentrations with fructose, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, and acid phosphatase in seminal plasma of different categories of infertile men
Analytical Chemistry Section, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Post Box 80, MG Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Biol Trace Elem Res 93:31-8. 2003
..On the basis of our results, it may be postulated that there is a direct effect of the trace elements zinc and copper on acid phosphatase and fructose, respectively, in oligoasthenospermic and azoospermic subjects...
- Lead and cadmium concentration in the seminal plasma of men in the general population: correlation with sperm quality
Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, PO Box 80, MG Marg, 226001 Lucknow, India
Reprod Toxicol 17:447-50. 2003
..An increase in lead and cadmium levels was observed in infertile men and there was a significant negative correlation of cadmium and lead semen concentration with sperm motility and sperm concentration in oligoasthenospermic men...