- Women participating in a web-based preconception study have a high prevalence of risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology Unit, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:169. 2014
..We measured the prevalence of preconception risk factors for APOs in a population of Italian women of childbearing age enrolled in a web-based study...
- The effect of physician's recommendation on seasonal influenza immunization in children with chronic diseases
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, Rome 00165, Italy
BMC Public Health 12:984. 2012
- A comparison of populations vaccinated in a public service and in a private hospital setting in the same area
Bambino Gesu Pediatric Hospital, Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 8:278. 2008
..However, achieving high vaccination rates in children with chronic conditions is difficult. Different types of vaccine providers may differently attract high risk children...
- Seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine: recommendations to families of at-risk children during the 2009-10 season
Department of Paediatrics, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Public Health 22:821-4. 2012
..6% had not been vaccinated. The majority of immunized children had received specific recommendations by a physician. Physicians involved in the management of children with chronic diseases should actively recommend influenza immunization...
- A cohort study of a tailored web intervention for preconception care
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology Unit, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, Rome 00165, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:33. 2014
..We conducted a web-based cohort study in Italian women planning a pregnancy to assess whether a tailored web intervention may change knowledge and behaviours associated with risks for adverse pregnancy outcomes...
- Does googling for preconception care result in information consistent with international guidelines: a comparison of information found by Italian women of childbearing age and health professionals
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology, Unit Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:14. 2013
- Hepatitis B specific T cell immunity induced by primary vaccination persists independently of the protective serum antibody level
Anti infectious Immunity Unit, Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 31:506-13. 2013
..These findings suggest that cellular immune response should be considered alongside serological markers as a surrogate of protection...
- Influenza-like illness surveillance on Twitter through automated learning of naïve language
Multifactorial Diseases and Complex Phenotypes Research Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e82489. 2013
..We found a high correlation coefficient between the trend of our influenza-positive tweets and ILI trends identified by US traditional surveillance systems. ..
- Use of the internet by Italian pediatricians: habits, impact on clinical practice and expectations
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:23. 2012
..We administered a questionnaire to members of the Italian Society of Pediatrics to assess determinants of their use of the Internet, of social platforms and of personal health records during clinical practice...
- Surfing the web during pandemic flu: availability of World Health Organization recommendations on prevention
Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:561. 2010
..People often search for information on influenza A(H1N1)v prevention on the web. The extent to which information found on the Internet is consistent with recommendations issued by the World Health Organization is unknown...
- Humoral and B-cell memory responses in children five years after pertussis acellular vaccine priming
Anti infectious Immunity Unit, Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanità ISS, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 32:2093-9. 2014
..In conclusion our data underline the importance of giving a booster dose 5 years after primary vaccination and suggest the need for a new vaccine able to induce a long lasting protective response. ..
- Attitudes towards HPV immunization of Italian mothers of adolescent girls and potential role of health professionals in the immunization program
Alberto E Tozzi
Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 27:2625-9. 2009
..Pediatricians most frequently provided information on HPV vaccine (31%), and were perceived as the preferred immunization providers (77%). Acceptance of HPV immunization was high and was not associated with knowledge of HPV...
- Switched memory B cells maintain specific memory independently of serum antibodies: the hepatitis B example
M Manuela Rosado
Research Center Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù, IRCSS, Laboratory of Flow Cytometry and B Cell Development, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 41:1800-8. 2011
..01) and serum Abs (geometric mean concentration, GMC from 2.9 to 284 mIU/mL), demonstrating that circulating memory B cells effectively respond to Ag challenge even when specific Abs fall under the protective threshold...
- Comparison of pertussis surveillance systems in Europe
Alberto E Tozzi
Bambino Gesu Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio, and Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 25:291-7. 2007
..3 per 1000. The adoption of WHO case definition, standardisation of laboratory diagnosis, and integration of information on deaths from alternative sources should be supported...