Mohammad I Choudhary
Affiliation: University of Karachi
- Zafar H, Saad S, Perveen S, Arshia -, Malik R, Khan A, et al. 2-Arylquinazolin-4(3H)-ones: Inhibitory Activities Against Xanthine Oxidase. Med Chem. 2016;12:54-62 pubmed..Some of the compounds of 2-arylquinazolin-4(3H)-one series were thus identified as potential leads for further studies towards the treatment of hyperuricemia and gout. ..
- Zawawi N, Rajput S, Taha M, Ahmat N, Ismail N, Abdullah N, et al. Benzimidazole derivatives protect against cytokine-induced apoptosis in pancreatic Î²-Cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015;25:4672-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these compounds may protect Î²-cells from the harmful effects of cytokines and may serve as candidates for therapeutic intervention for diabetes. ..
- Choudhary M, Yousuf S, Nawaz S, Ahmed S, Atta Ur Rahman -. Cholinesterase inhibiting withanolides from Withania somnifera. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2004;52:1358-61 pubmed..Compounds 2, 3, 5, and 6 displayed inhibitory potential against butyrylcholinesterase, but only compounds 3, 4, and 6 were found to be active against acetylcholinesterase. ..
- Choudhary M, Batool I, Shah S, Nawaz S, Atta Ur Rahman -. Microbial hydroxylation of pregnenolone derivatives. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2005;53:1455-9 pubmed..Fermentation of with R. stolonifer yielded two known metabolites, 11alpha-hydroxypreg-4-ene-3,20-dione and. Compounds were screened for their cholinesterase inhibitory activity in a mechanism-based assay. ..
- Choudhary M, Shah S, Sami A, Ajaz A, Shaheen F. Fungal metabolites of (E)-guggulsterone and their antibacterial and radical-scavenging activities. Chem Biodivers. 2005;2:516-24 pubmed..Compounds 4-11 have not been described yet. Some of these novel hydroxylated metabolites, as well as acetylated derivatives thereof, exhibited significant antibacterial and radical-scavenging activities (Table 3). ..
- Iqbal Choudhary M, Atif M, Ur Rahman A. Oxidation of lynestrenol by the fungus Cunninghamella elegans. Nat Prod Res. 2010;24:1-6 pubmed publisher..Metabolite 4 was identified as a new compound. These metabolites were structurally characterised on the basis of spectroscopic techniques. ..
- Choudhary M, Mohammad M, Musharraf S, Parvez M, Al Aboudi A, Atta Ur Rahman -. New oxandrolone derivatives by biotransformation using Rhizopus stolonifer. Steroids. 2009;74:1040-4 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1 and 3 showed a significant beta-glucuronidase inhibitory activity. ..
- Choudhary M, Jalil S, Israr M. Inhibition of respiratory burst in human neutrophils and lipoxygenase enzyme by compounds from Haloxylon griffithii. Phytother Res. 2006;20:840-3 pubmed..Compound 5 was found to be the most potent inhibitory activity against respiratory burst in human neutrophils among all the compounds as well as exhibited moderate lipoxygenase inhibitory activity from this plant. ..
- Choudhary M, Sultan S, Jalil S, Anjum S, Rahman A, Fun H. Microbial transformation of mesterolone. Chem Biodivers. 2005;2:392-400 pubmed..The structures of these metabolites were characterized on the basis of spectroscopic studies, and the structure of 5 was also determined by single-crystal X-ray-diffraction analysis. ..
- Choudhary M, Zafar S, Khan N, Ahmad S, Noreen S, Marasini B, et al. Biotransformation of dehydroepiandrosterone with Macrophomina phaseolina and ?-glucuronidase inhibitory activity of transformed products. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2012;27:348-55 pubmed publisher..All the transformed products were screened for enzyme inhibition, among which four were found to inhibit the ?-glucuronidase enzyme, while none inhibited the ?-chymotrypsin enzyme. ..
- Choudhary M, Nur E Alam M, Akhtar F, Ahmad S, Baig I, Ondognii P, et al. Five new peltogynoids from underground parts of Iris bungei: a Mongolian medicinal plant. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2001;49:1295-8 pubmed..The structure of irisoid B (2) was established unambiguously by X-ray diffraction study. ..
- Choudhary M, Begum A, Abbaskhan A, Ajaz A, Shafique ur Rehman -, Atta Ur Rahman -. Phenyl polypropanoids from Lindelofia stylosa. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2005;53:1469-71 pubmed..This includes three analogs of lithospermic acid, along with rosmarinic acid and its ester derivatives. Compound 1 was identified as a new natural product. These compounds were studied for their antioxidant properties. ..
- Choudhary M, Ranjit R, Atta Ur Rahman A, Shrestha T, Yasin A, Parvez M. Leucosceptrine--a novel sesterterpene with prolylendopeptidase inhibitory activity from Leucosceptrum canum. J Org Chem. 2004;69:2906-9 pubmed..The structure was determined by single-crystal X-ray diffraction and spectroscopic techniques. The biosynthesis of leucosceptrine (1) is proposed here. Leucosceptrine (1) exhibited prolylendopeptidase inhibitory activity. ..
- Javaid S, Ishtiaq M, Shaikh M, Hameed A, Choudhary M. Thymidine esters as substrate analogue inhibitors of angiogenic enzyme thymidine phosphorylase in vitro. Bioorg Chem. 2017;70:44-56 pubmed publisher..All active compounds were non-cytotoxic to mouse fibroblast 3T3 cell line. These results identify thymidine esters as substrate analogue (substrate-like) inhibitors of angiogenic enzyme thymidine phosphorylase for further studies. ..
- Thomas P, Essien E, Ntuk S, Choudhary M. Eryngium foetidum L. Essential Oils: Chemical Composition and Antioxidant Capacity. Medicines (Basel). 2017;4: pubmed publisher..foetidum volatile oils contain high amount of acyclic aldehydes and aromatic compounds. The oils are a potential source of natural antioxidant as demonstrated by their strong antioxidant activity. ..
- Choudhary M, Naheed N, Abbaskhan A, Musharraf S, Siddiqui H, Atta Ur Rahman -. Phenolic and other constituents of fresh water fern Salvinia molesta. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:1018-23 pubmed publisher..S. Mitch. These compounds showed a potent antioxidant radical scavenging activity in a non-physiological assay. Their structures were determined by NMR spectroscopic and CID mass spectrometry techniques...
- Choudhary M, Begum A, Abbaskhan A, Shafiq Ur Rehman -, Atta Ur Rahman -. Cinnamate derivatives of fructo-oligosaccharides from Lindelofia stylosa. Carbohydr Res. 2006;341:2398-405 pubmed..Compounds 1-4 belong to sucrose derivatives, while compounds 5-6 and 7-8 belong to 1-kestose- and nystose-type oligosaccharides, respectively. The fructo-oligosaccharides have been obtained from L. stylosa for the first time...
- Choudhary M, Devkota K, Nawaz S, Ranjit R, Atta Ur Rahman -. Cholinesterase inhibitory pregnane-type steroidal alkaloids from Sarcococca hookeriana. Steroids. 2005;70:295-303 pubmed..5 to 148.2 and 0.6 to 100.2 microM, respectively...
- Choudhary M, Naheed N, Abbaskhan A, Ali S, Atta Ur Rahman -. Hemiterpene glucosides and other constituents from Spiraea canescens. Phytochemistry. 2009;70:1467-73 pubmed publisher..Some of these compounds showed potent radical scavenging activity in relevant non-physiological assays. Their structures were determined by NMR spectroscopic and CID mass spectrometric techniques...
- Choudhary M, Maher S, Begum A, Abbaskhan A, Ali S, Khan A. Characterization and antiglycation activity of phenolic constituents from Viscum album (European Mistletoe). Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2010;58:980-2 pubmed..European Mistletoe). These compounds were studied for their anti-glycation and antioxidant properties. The structures of new compounds 1 and 2 were deduced on the basis of spectroscopic evidence...
- Atta Ur Rahman -, Atia Tul Wahab -, Zia Sultani S, Nawaz S, Choudhary M. Bisbenzylisoquinoline alkaloids from Cocculus pendulus. Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:1265-73 pubmed publisher..The structures for these compounds were deduced by spectroscopic methods. All bisbenzylisoquinoline alkaloids showed inhibitory activities against acetyl- and butyrylcholinesterases...
- Choudhary M, Hussain A, Ali Z, Adhikari A, Sattar S, Ayatollahi S, et al. Diterpenoids including a novel dimeric conjugate from Salvia leriaefolia. Planta Med. 2012;78:269-75 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1, 5, 6, and 7 exhibited IN VITRO antiproliferative activity against the human cervical cancer cell line (Hela), while 6 showed cytotoxicity against the human prostate cancer cell line (PC3)...
- Choudhary M, Hareem S, Siddiqui H, Anjum S, Ali S, Atta Ur Rahman -, et al. A benzil and isoflavone from Iris tenuifolia. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:1880-5 pubmed publisher..Compounds 3, 5 and 7 were also subjected to single-crystal X-ray diffraction analysis and their structures were unambiguously deduced...
- Choudhary M, Azizuddin -, Jalil S, Atta Ur Rahman -. Bioactive phenolic compounds from a medicinal lichen, Usnea longissima. Phytochemistry. 2005;66:2346-50 pubmed..Compound 1 was found to possess potent anti-inflammatory activity in a cell-based contemporary assay. Cytotoxicity activity measured by cell viability assay showed 100% viability in the presence of 200 microg/mL conc. of these compounds...
- Mirza S, Asma Naqvi S, Mohammed Khan K, Salar U, Choudhary M. Facile synthesis of novel substituted aryl-thiazole (SAT) analogs via one-pot multi-component reaction as potent cytotoxic agents against cancer cell lines. Bioorg Chem. 2017;70:133-143 pubmed publisher..72±1.8, and 19.86±0.11?M, respectively. These results suggest that substituted aryl thiazoles 1 and 4 deserve to be further investigated in vivo as anticancer leads. ..
- Marasini B, Rahim F, Perveen S, Karim A, Mohammed Khan K, Atta Ur Rahman -, et al. Synthesis, structure-activity relationships studies of benzoxazinone derivatives as ?-chymotrypsin inhibitors. Bioorg Chem. 2017;70:210-221 pubmed publisher..The inhibitors identified during the current study deserve to be further studied for their therapeutic potential against abnormalities mediated by chymotrypsin or other serine protease. ..
- Atta Ur Rahman -, Nasim S, Baig I, Ara Jahan I, Sener B, Orhan I, et al. Isoflavonoid glycosides from the rhizomes of Iris germanica. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2002;50:1100-2 pubmed..These compounds were identified as iriskashmirianin 4'-O-beta-D-glucoside (1), nigricin 4'-O-beta-D-glucoside (2), irilone 4'-O-beta-D-glucoside (3) and iridin (4). Their structures were determined with the help of spectroscopic methods...