Asim Jamal Shaikh
Affiliation: The Aga Khan University
- Factors influencing in-hospital length of stay and mortality in cancer patients suffering from febrile neutropeniaAmar Lal
Section of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Department of Medicine, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:303-8. 2008....
- Demographics, pathologic patterns and long-term survival in operable colon cancers: local experience in PakistanAsim Jamal Shaikh
Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:361-4. 2009..There are no comprehensive data available from Pakistan which focus on associations of various factors with long-term survival of colon cancer. We therefore present an analysis of findings from our centre...
- Splenic rupture, secondary to G-CSF use for chemotherapy induced neutropenia: a case report and review of literatureNehal Masood
Section of Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Cases J 1:418. 2008..abstract:..
- Knowledge, attitude and practices of non-oncologist physicians regarding cancer and palliative care: a multi-center study from PakistanAsim Jamal Shaikh
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:581-4. 2008..Cancer is a major cause of disease burden in Pakistan, so that knowledge of physicians about all aspects should be adequate, especially for palliative care for end stage management, given the generally late stage presentation...
- Clinical presentation and outcomes of patients with biliary malignancies: the Aga Khan University experienceShiyam Kumar
Liaqat National Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:463-6. 2009..Gallbladder cancer (GBC) is a common malignancy in our country; however, very limited data exist on this malignancy in Pakistan...
- Old disease, new targets--part-I, solid malignanciesShiyam Kumar
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 59:398-405. 2009..At this point in time side effect profile of all these agents appears relatively safe however cost for developing countries remains an issue...
- Incidence and impact of baseline electrolyte abnormalities in patients admitted with chemotherapy induced febrile neutropeniaAsim Jamal Shaikh
1 Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology and Oncology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Cancer 2:62-6. 2011..Various factors are known to affect the outcomes for patients diagnosed with FN. Electrolyte abnormalities have commonly been observed, but the real incidence and their impact has been only scarcely studied in literature...
- Adjuvant Hormonal Therapy in Postmenopausal Women with Breast Cancer: Physician's ChoicesAsim Jamal Shaikh
Section of Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University Hospital, P O Box 30270, Nairobi 00100, Kenya
Int J Breast Cancer 2012:849592. 2012..Conclusion. Physicians show disagreement over the choice and duration of hormonal therapy in this patient population. Clinical trials leading to firm recommendations to set standards from which patients benefit the most are needed...
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia subsequent to temozolomide use in a 26-year-old man: a case reportAsim Jamal Shaikh
Section of Medical Oncology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Med Case Reports 4:274. 2010..Unlike that of other alkylating agents, the leukemogenic potential of temozolomide is considered to be very low, and very rarely are such cases reported...
- Primary cutaneous B cell lymphoma--leg type (NEW EORTC--WHO classification), with nasal sinuses involvementAsim Jamal Shaikh
Department of Hematology Oncology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 58:274-6. 2008....