Syed Asad Ali
Affiliation: The Aga Khan University
- Hepatitis B and hepatitis C in Pakistan: prevalence and risk factorsSyed Asad Ali
Institute for Global Health, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203 1738, USA
Int J Infect Dis 13:9-19. 2009..However, national level estimates of the prevalence of and risk factors for hepatitis B and hepatitis C are currently not available...
- Real-world comparison of two molecular methods for detection of respiratory virusesS Asad Ali
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Virol J 8:332. 2011..We sought to perform a real-world comparison of two molecular respiratory viral diagnostic methods between two experienced respiratory virus research laboratories...
- Pathogens associated with sepsis in newborns and young infants in developing countriesAnita K M Zaidi
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:S10-8. 2009..Most etiological data from developing countries are hospital-based and may have little relevance to communities in which most babies are born at home...
- Acute necrotizing encephalopathy of childhood: a fatal complication of swine fluMuhammad Rehan Khan
Department of Paediatrics, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 21:119-20. 2011..We report this case with aim of raising awareness about this fatal complication of swine flu which has become a global health care issue these days...
- Burden of RSV and Influenza Virus in Children in PakistanSyed Asad Ali; Fiscal Year: 2010..If these viruses are found to be significant pathogens, then vaccines against these viruses may reduce the pneumonia associated child mortality in Pakistan. ..
- Burden of RSV and Influenza Virus in Children in PakistanSyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2009..If these viruses are found to be significant pathogens, then vaccines against these viruses may reduce the pneumonia associated child mortality in Pakistan. ..