Affiliation: The Aga Khan University
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in Native South Asian Pakistani population; trends, clinico-pathological characteristics & differences in viral marker negative & viral-hepatocellular carcinomaAmna Subhan Butt
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University and Hospital, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
BMC Res Notes 6:137. 2013....
- Prevalence of body-focused repetitive behaviors in three large medical colleges of Karachi: a cross-sectional studyEfaza Umar Siddiqui
MSc Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Aga Khan University, Karachi, 74800, Pakistan
BMC Res Notes 5:614. 2012..It is imperative to come up with frequency to design strategies to decrease the burden and adverse effects associated with BFRBs among medical students...
- Functional, cognitive and psychological outcomes, and recurrent vascular events in Pakistani stroke survivors: a cross sectional studyMaria Khan
Aga Khan University, International Cerebrovascular Translational Clinical Research Program and Stroke Services, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Res Notes 5:89. 2012..abstract:..
- Alcohol and marijuana use while driving--an unexpected crash risk in Pakistani commercial drivers: a cross-sectional surveyMohammed Umer Mir
Department of Emergency Medicine, Aga Khan University Hospital, First floor Stadium Road, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Public Health 12:145. 2012..However literature hints that this may not be the case. We did this study to assess usage of alcohol and marijuana in Pakistani commercial drivers...
- Predictors of unintentional poisoning among children under 5 years of age in Karachi: a matched case-control studyBilal Ahmed
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Inj Prev 17:27-32. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine the factors associated with unintentional poisoning among children under 5 years of age presenting to emergency rooms at tertiary care hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan...
- Population attributable risk of unintentional childhood poisoning in Karachi PakistanBilal Ahmed
Department of Medicine, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
PLoS ONE 6:e26881. 2011..e., the population attributable risk) which can be calculated; determination of such risk factors associated with potentially modifiable risk factors, are necessary to focus on the prevention strategies...
- Compliance to antihypertensive therapyAysha Almas
Department of Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:23-6. 2006..To determine compliance, factors affecting compliance to antihypertensive therapy and to compare compliant and non-compliant groups, in a tertiary care setting...
- Prevalence and factors associated with irritable bowel syndrome among medical students of Karachi, Pakistan: a cross-sectional studySyed Saad Naeem
Dow Medical College, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Res Notes 5:255. 2012..Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and its association with stress, has not been studied among university students in Pakistan. We investigated the prevalence and the pattern of anxiety related IBS symptoms among medical students of Karachi...