- Association of insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene with psoriasis
Dermatology, Medical Faculty, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Br J Dermatol 151:792-5. 2004
..However, to the best of our knowledge there has been no molecular genetic study investigating whether ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism may contribute to the genetic background in psoriasis...
- Association of the Gln27Glu polymorphism of the beta-2-adrenergic receptor with preterm labor
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Gaziantep University, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 77:209-15. 2002
..To investigate a potential association between the beta-2-adrenergic receptor (B2AR) polymorphisms occurring at amino acid positions 16 (Arg16Gly) and 27 (Gln27Glu) and preterm labor...
- The effects of EGb 761 on lipid peroxide levels and superoxide dismutase activity in sunburn
Mehtap Kilinc Ozkur
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of Gaziantep University, Sarigulluk, Gaziantep Turkey
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 18:117-20. 2002
..Free oxygen radicals are involved in inflammatory skin reactions induced by ultraviolet B (UVB). In this study, the effect of a herbal antioxidant Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) was investigated in UVB irradiated mice skin...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion-deletion polymorphism in primary open-angle glaucoma
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Ophthalmologica 218:415-8. 2004
..To investigate the hypothesis that primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) is associated with a common insertion-deletion (I/D) polymorphism in the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene...
- Association of angiotensin converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism with lung cancer in Turkey
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, 27310 Sahinbey, Gaziantep, Turkey
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 198:22-6. 2010
..6 vs. 17.6%, P = 0.011; ACE I allele 49.6 vs. 39.4%, P =0.009). Our data suggest that the ACE I/D polymorphism could be a risk factor for patients with lung cancer...
- Beta 2-adrenergic receptor polymorphism and susceptibility to primary congenital and primary open angle glaucoma
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:527-31. 2003
..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate the distribution of B2AR polymorphisms in patients with primary congenital and primary open angle glaucoma...