- Quantitative evaluation of immunohistochemical staining in gastrointestinal stromal tumors
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 29:159-65. 2007
..To evaluate the differences among pathologists' interpretations in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) and to demonstrate the usefulness of quantitative pathology in the assessment of immunohistochemical staining...
- Prognostic value of GLUT-1 expression in ovarian surface epithelial tumors: a morphometric study
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 27:181-6. 2005
..To investigate the reported increase in the expression of the glucose transporter GLUT-1 in borderline and malignant ovarian epithelial tumors and its relationship to prognosis...
- Nutcracker syndrome in a child with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) disease: renal ultrastructural features
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, 06018, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 41:1047-53. 2009
..Radiolucent expansion of the lamina rara interna of the glomerular basement membrane in the presenting case would seem to support these data...
- Fascin expression and its potential significance in gastrointestinal stromal tumors
Gülhane Military Medical Academy Department of Pathology, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 22:363-8. 2011
..However, there are only a few studies related to its expression in mesenchymal tumors. We investigated fascin expression in gastrointestinal stromal tumors...
- Ozone therapy prevents renal inflammation and fibrosis in a rat model of acute pyelonephritis
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Faculty, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 71:473-80. 2011
..This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of ozone therapy (OT), as an immunomodulator and antioxidant, on the renal function, morphology and biochemical parameters of oxidative stress in an experimental model of APN in rats...
- The effects of medical ozone therapy on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury
Health Services Command, Turkish Armed Forces, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 34:921-5. 2012
- Protective effects of melatonin and S-methylisothiourea on mechlorethamine induced nephrotoxicity
Zeki Ilker Kunak
Department of CBRN Defense, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Res 175:e17-23. 2012
..In this study, we aimed to investigate the protective effects of melatonin (MEL) and S-methylisothiourea (SMT) on mechlorethamine (MEC) induced nephrotoxicity...
- Effects of medical ozone therapy on acetaminophen-induced nephrotoxicity in rats
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik 06018, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 32:493-7. 2010
..In conclusion, our study results are consistent with encouraging data for ozone therapy on APAP-induced nephrotoxicity in rats by improving antioxidant mechanism and oxidative stress...
- Nuclear morphometry in the differential diagnosis of eosinophilic renal epithelial tumors
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 34:145-8. 2012
- Low efficacy of clarithromycin including sequential regimens for Helicobacter pylori infection
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Helicobacter 17:121-6. 2012
..The present study aimed to assess and compare the efficacy of two separate clarithromycin including sequential regimens in Turkey which is well known with high clarithromycin and metronidazole resistance to H. pylori...
- Fractal dimension of microvasculature in renal oncocytomas and chromophobe renal cell carcinomas
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 205:677-81. 2009
..Similar studies investigating larger series are needed before a final conclusion can be made...
- Comparison of levofloxacin-containing sequential and standard triple therapies for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori
Department of Gastroenterology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Intern Med 23:165-8. 2012
..Better eradication rates have been reported with sequential treatment in current studies. This study aimed to compare the success of a novel levofloxacin-containing sequential regimen with standard triple therapy...
- The effect of iNOS inhibitors and hyperbaric oxygen treatment in a rat model of experimental colitis
Cemal Nuri Ercin
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 54:75-9. 2009
..Our aim was to investigate the effectiveness of aminoguanidine (AMG), an inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibitor, and hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treatment in an experimental colitis model...
- Fibroepithelial polyp originating from the glans penis in a child
Department of Urology Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Urol 11:187-8. 2004
..In this article, we report a pediatric case of a fibroepithelial polyp originating from the glans penis. To our knowledge, this is a previously unreported lesion arising from the glans penis...
- Assessment of distraction regenerate using quantitative bone scintigraphy
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 58:328-34. 2007
..Quantitative bone scintigraphy is a promising method for the assessment of DO and consolidation. It could offer objective qualitative and quantitative data for the noninvasive evaluation of bony regenerate...
- Abdominal heterotopic tissues: review of 24 cases diagnosed on postoperative histological evaluation
Department of General Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:20-4. 2006
..Malignancy potential is the most important issue in this clinical entity. In this study we reviewed medical records of 24 patients with heterotopic tissues...
- [Acute abdomen due to spontaneous renal angiomyolipoma rupture]
Departement de Chirurgie Generale, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turquie
Prog Urol 14:207-9. 2004
..In case of massive hemorrhage and/or whole renal involvement, nephrectomy is the most feasible surgical treatment of all the other treatment methods...
- A custom-made distraction device for experimental mandibular distraction osteogenesis
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 16:675-83. 2005
..They demonstrated that the device works properly and is able to create ossified regenerate bones that fill the entire distraction gap, which can be used for various investigations during distraction osteogenesis...
- Protective effects of valproic acid against hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Child Neurol 20:582-7. 2005
..05). These results suggest that valproic acid can have therapeutic and protective effects in hypoxic-ischemic brain injury...
- Subacute cholestatic hepatitis likely related to the use of senna for chronic constipation
Gulhane School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 68:385-7. 2005
..In this case senna was likely the cause of a subacute cholestatic hepatitis exemplifying again the potential role of herbal related liver injury...
- Ameliorative effects of proanthocyanidin on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 30:931-8. 2008
..Therefore, this study was designed to investigate the efficiency of proanthocyanidin (PA), a natural product derived from grape seed, on renal dysfunction and injury induced by I/R of rat kidney...
- Nuclear planimetry on the samples from cytologically overlapping proliferative breast lesions
Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Department of Pathology, General Tevfik Saglam Cad, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 205:325-9. 2009
..However, with a systematic and reproducible selection of the values with a proper "bias", morphometry may provide some discriminatory information in overlapping lesions...
- CD138 expression in renal tumors and its usage in the differential diagnosis
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 27:110-5. 2011
..This study aims to investigate the possible contribution of CD138 expression in the differential diagnosis of kidney tumors with eosinophilic cytoplasm...
- The effects of N-acetylcysteine and ozone therapy on oxidative stress and inflammation in acetaminophen-induced nephrotoxicity model
Department of Biochemistry, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Diskapi, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 35:640-7. 2013
..In overdoses, it is associated with nephrotoxicity. We examined the potential protective effects of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and NAC + ozone therapy (OT) combination against APAP-induced nephrotoxicity...
- Benign fibrous histiocytoma of the lumbar vertebrae
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Skeletal Radiol 38:187-91. 2009
..We present a case of benign fibrous histiocytoma of the lumbar spine and discuss its differential diagnosis and management...
- Evaluation for Helicobacter pylori in Meckel's diverticulum by using real-time PCR
Department of Gastroenterology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 55:1969-74. 2010
..Although Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) has been identified in heterotopic gastric mucosa of Meckel's diverticulum, controversial results are reported in the pertinent literature...
- Diffuse pulmonary amyloidosis that mimics interstitial lung disease in a patient with familial Mediterranean fever
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Gulhane Military School of Medicine, Etlik Ankara, 06018, Turkey
J Clin Rheumatol 12:34-6. 2006
..Amyloidosis was diagnosed only after lung biopsy. FMF was confirmed by molecular analysis...
- Beneficial effects of N-acetylcysteine and ebselen on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury
Department of Biochemistry, Diskapi Children s Health and Diseases, Hematology, Oncology Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 33:512-7. 2011
..Therefore, we aimed to investigate the roles of N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a well-known powerful antioxidant, and ebselen (E), a scavenger of peroxynitrite, on renal injury induced by renal ischemia/reperfusion injury (IRI) of rat kidney...
- Hyperbaric oxygen enhances the efficiency of 5-aminosalicylic acid in acetic acid-induced colitis in rats
Department of General Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 51:480-7. 2006
..The combination of hyperbaric oxygen and 5-aminosalicylic acid, however, led to a much more prominent reduction in the severity of colitis. Hyperbaric oxygen may have a promising place in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Novel monoclonal antibodies detect Smad-interacting protein 1 (SIP1) in the cytoplasm of human cells from multiple tumor tissue arrays
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
Exp Mol Pathol 89:182-9. 2010
..These novel monoclonal antibodies may help elucidate the role of SIP1 in tumor development...
- Alpha-fetoprotein producing tumor cells in children with Wilms' tumor
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Fetal Pediatr Pathol 29:127-32. 2010
..Herein, we report three patients with Wilms tumor whose serum AFP levels were elevated and who had diffuse WT-1 and focal AFP expression in all tumors, immunohistochemically...
- Subcutaneous granuloma annulare in a child: a case report
Department of Pediatrics, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical Facility, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 47:306-8. 2008
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage as an unusual presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus
Department of Nephrology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 31:1085-7. 2011
..He was diagnosed as DAH due to SLE. He had to undergo hemodialysis for several weeks. DAH and renal dysfunction were improved with intensive treatment including corticosteroid, cyclophosphamide, and mycophenolate mophetil...
- PAX-2 in the diagnosis of primary renal tumors: immunohistochemical comparison with renal cell carcinoma marker antigen and kidney-specific cadherin
Department of Pathology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Clin Pathol 131:393-404. 2009
..PAX-2 seems to have a significant role in renal neogenesis and may represent a novel therapeutic target...
- High resolution computed tomographic features of pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis
Pulmonary Medicine and Tuberculosis, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara 06018, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 55:452-60. 2005
..However, HRCT findings of PAM were not fully described in the current literature...
- The feasibility of neoadjuvant high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with nonmetastatic high grade localized osteosarcoma: results of a phase II study
Department of Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, GATA Gulhane Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer 104:1058-65. 2005
..The primary and secondary objectives of the current study were to improve the > or = 90% tumor necrosis rate and assess the toxicity profile of the neoadjuvant high-dose chemotherapy (HDC) regimen, respectively...
- Elevated plasma homocysteine concentrations as a predictor of steatohepatitis in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Department of Gastroenterology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1448-55. 2005
..The main aim of the present study was to evaluate the clinical significance of plasma homocysteine concentrations in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Development of squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue during induction chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia
Ali Ugur Ural
Department of Hematology, School of Medicine, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06010 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 91:81-3. 2005
..This is the second such case in the medical literature. The role of immunosuppression, chemotherapy, the malignancy itself and possible genetic predisposition is discussed and the literature on this topic is reviewed...
- Increased acylation stimulating protein concentrations in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease are associated with insulin resistance
Department of Gastroenterology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Gastroenterol 100:842-9. 2005
- Contribution of antioxidants to preventive effect of mesna in cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis in rats
Department of Urology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:469-73. 2004
..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether combination of antioxidants and mesna may prevent cystitis induced by cyclophosphamide better than mesna alone...
- Expression of GLUT1 in primary renal tumors: morphologic and biologic implications
Department of Pathology, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 128:245-54. 2007
..GLUT1 may be a novel target for immunotherapy and a useful marker in the differential diagnosis and classification of renal tumors...