- Histologic changes of the gastric mucosa associated with primary gastric lymphoma in endoscopic biopsy specimens
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Arch Pathol Lab Med 124:1628-31. 2000
..Recently, we have observed intestinal metaplasia, atrophy, and dysplasia in the mucosa adjacent to primary gastric lymphoma (PGL) in gastrectomy specimens...
- Foamy gland microcarcinoma in needle prostatic biopsy
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan D F 14000, Mexico
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:349-55. 2008
..The presence of few atypical foamy glands in needle biopsy requires detailed analysis because they may represent foamy gland microcarcinoma...
- Frequency of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in Mexican population
Departamento de Patologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, DF Mexico
Rev Invest Clin 59:234-8. 2007
..Here we studied the frequency of HGPIN in a population with high grade frequency of prostatic carcinoma...
- [Histological findings in 100 needle prostatic biopsies and original diagnosis of benignity]
Departamento de Patologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y la Nutrición Salvador Zubirán, Tlalpan, Mexico, DF
Rev Invest Clin 58:88-93. 2006
..Detailed revision of prostate biopsies with benign alterations may show potentially malignant lesions limited to isolated fields, which may be overviewed in routine analysis...
- Atypical regenerative hyperplasia of the esophagus in endoscopic biopsy: a mimicker of squamous esophagic carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubirán INCMNSZ, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:899-904. 2005
..Atypical regeneration can mimic carcinoma in various epithelia. On endoscopic biopsies, atypical regenerative hyperplasia of the esophagus may show pleomorphism and atypia, simulating esophageal squamous cell carcinoma...
- Pseudohyperplastic prostatic adenocarcinoma in transurethral resections of the prostate
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y de la Nutrición Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, 14000, Mexico
Pathol Oncol Res 9:232-5. 2003
..3%. In biopsies diagnosed as carcinoma, this frequency was 3%. These patients had an adverse clinical course, apparently due to association with areas of conventional adenocarcinoma...
- Atypical histiocytic infiltration simulating diffuse-type carcinoma in a gastric ulcer due to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, DF, 14000, Mexico
Pathol Oncol Res 8:272-4. 2002
..To our knowledge, atypical histiocytic infiltration in gastric ulcers has not been previously described; thus, it should be included in the group of gastric carcinoma mimicks...
- [Frequency of gastric lymphoma at 6 hospitals in Mexico City]
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y de la Nutrición S Z Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Tlalpan 14000 Mexico, D F Mexico
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 66:96-100. 2001
..3% and 10.3%, respectively) in recent years...
- Fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma in mexican patients
Department of Pathology, Instituto National de Cíencias Médicas y Nutrición, Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, 14000, Mexiko
Pathol Oncol Res 8:133-7. 2002
..Two patients had died of disease at the time of the study, and another was alive with recurrent disease...
- Long-term evaluation of biliary reconstruction after partial resection of segments IV and V in iatrogenic injuries
Miguel Angel Mercado
Department of Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico
J Gastrointest Surg 10:77-82. 2006
..Parenchyma removal also allows the free placement of the jejunal limb, without external compression and tension, obtaining a high quality anastomosis with excellent long-term results...
- Specific bacterial genotypes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis cause extensive dissemination and brain infection in an experimental model
Rogelio Hernandez Pando
Department of Pathology, National Institute of Medical Sciences, Mexico City, Mexico
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 90:268-77. 2010
..Thus, it seems that mycobacterial strains with a distinctive genotype are able to disseminate extensively after the respiratory infection and infect the brain...
- Perinatal asphyxia pathophysiology in pig and human: a review
Agriculture and Animal Production Department Area Ecodesarrollo de la Producción Animal, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico City, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 90:1-30. 2005
..Understanding the pathophysiology of fetal hypoxia should help practitioners and farmers implement more effective delivery techniques aimed at reducing neonatal mortality and improving postnatal performance...
- [Biliary stents for reconstruction in bile duct injuries. The role of bile acids]
Miguel Angel Mercado
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico, D F
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 67:82-6. 2002
..To evaluate the efficacy of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) for long-term management of surgically placed biliary stents after iatrogenic injury, a prospective, controlled, randomized trial was conducted...
- [Esophageal closed transection for surgical treatment of portal hypertension. A 10-year experience]
Miguel Angel Mercado
Departamento de Cirugía del Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Col Seccion XVI, Tlalpan, Mexico, D F C P 14000
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 67:186-9. 2002
..Results during one decade with closed variant of esophageal transection are reported...
- [Clinical images in gastroenterology. Adenocarcinoma of Vater's ampulla]
Dirección de Cirugía, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán Vasco de Quiroga Núm 15 Col Sección XVI Delegación Tlalpan, C P 14000, Mexico, D F
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 67:110. 2002
- Molgramostim (GM-CSF) associated with antibiotic treatment in nontraumatic abdominal sepsis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial
Department of Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Surg 141:150-3; discussion 154. 2006