Affiliation: Shiraz university of medical sciences
Location: Shiraz, Iran
Name: Navid Omidifar, MD. Date: 28/3/2012
Age: 30 Gender: Male
Business address: Department of pathology, Shiraz University of medical sciences
Scopus Author ID : 36197024600
Esfahan University of Medical Sciences and Health care, Faculty of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Date of Graduation:
Intern in medicine: 18 months, direct contact with patients, responsible for treatment of patients under supervision of residents
Residency: Accepted to Residency program of Shiraz University of medical sciences from 21/Jun/2010
General practitioner, fulfillment of social service and Emergency Ward responsible (11 month)
Research Assistant in Medical Education Centre of Isfahan University of medical sciences (5 years)
Research Assistant in Respiratory Chemical Injuries Research Centre of Tehran (6 months)
Co-worker of Radiology and Imaging Research Centre of Isfahan University of medical sciences (3 years)
Co-worker of Isfahan Research Centre of Cardiology (1 year)
Junior Physician of CCU in Isfahan Amin Hospital (3 months)
Peer-reviewed scientific articles:
1. Hosseinzadeh M, Omidifar N, Lohrasb MH. Use of fine needle aspiration cytology in the diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis: a comparison with the conventional scraping method. Trop Doct. 2012;42(2):112-3.(corresponding author: Navid Omidifar). (ISI-Pubmed)
2. Omrani MR, Barati B, Omidifar N, Okhovat AR, Ghazizadeh Hashemi SAH. Coblation versus traditional tonsillectomy: A double blind randomized controlled trial. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2012;17(1): (ISI-Pubmed)
3. Hekmatnia A, Barikbin R, Farghadani M, Omidifar N, Adibi P. Prediction and screening of esophageal varices in cirrhotic patients using doppler US hemodynamic indices of portal system. Gastroenterology Insights. 2011; 3(4):11-14.(Scopus)
4. Saboori M, Hekmatnia AR, Basiratnia R, Ghazavi AH, Hekmatnia F, Omidifar N, Naji Isfahani H. The comparative study of validity of diagnostic value of CT angiography versus digital subtraction angiography in cerebral aneurysm diagnosis among patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Res Med Sci. 2011; 16 (8).1020-25.(ISI-Pubmed)
5. Geramizadeh B, Omidifar N. Incidental cyst in an Explanted Liver. International Journal of Organ Transplantation Medicine. 2011; 2(3):133-134.( Indexed in EBSCO, Google Scholar, Index Medicus for EMR and DOAJ)
6. Behrooz Barati, Mohammad Reza Omrani, Ahmad Reza Okhovat, Roya Kelishadi, Mustafa Hashemi, Akbar Hassanzadeh, Mojtaba Abtahi, Navid Omidifar, Hanif Okhovat. Effect of nasal beclomethasone spray in the treatment of otitis media with effusion. J Res Med Sci. 2011; 16(4):509-15. (ISI-Pubmed)
7. Hoseini M, Hekmatnia A, Omidifar N, Rezazadeh A, Koohi S, Hashemipoor M. Survey on ultrasound finding of thyroid gland in congenital hypothyroidism in Iran. Endokrynol Pol. 2010;61(6):665-70.(corresponding author :NavidOmidifar). (Pubmed)
8. Barikbin R, Hekmatnia A, Omidifar N, Farghadani M, Adibi P.Prediction severity of esophageal varices: a new cutoff point for Platelet count/ spleen diameter ratio. Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol. 2010; 56(1):1-6. (Pubmed)
9. Etezazian S , Tavakoli B , Hekmatnia A, Omidifar N , Moradi M. Evaluation of Success Rate of Ultrasound-Guided Venous Cannulation in Patients with Difficult Venous Access. Iran J Radiol 2010, 7(2), 62-65.
10. Hekmatnia A, Farghadani M, Omidifar N , Barikbin R. Diagnostic Value of MRVCUG in Comparison with VCUG in Children. Iranian Journal of Radiology (Congress Abstracts); 2009;6(S1) : 91.
11. Omidifar N, Yamani N, ChangizT. The Efficacy of New Method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training in Promoting Knowledge and Skills of 4th Year Medical Students. Iranian journal of medical education; 2008 ,8(1). (Scopus)
12. Salehi P, Omidifar N. A New, Inexpensive and Minimally Invasive Method to Remove a Foley Catheter with Balloon Obstruction..JOURNAL OF ISFAHAN MEDICAL SCHOOL (I.U.M.S) SUMMER 2008; 26(89):147-151. (Corresponding Author: Navid Omidifar) (Scopus)
13. Omidifar N, Yamani N, Yousefi A. The Effect of ECG Training Workshop on Medical Students Knowledge of ECG Reading and Interpretation. Strides in Development of Medical Education;2006: 3(2).
14. Heshemi S.M., Tabatabaie S.A., Omidifar N., Goharian V., Nourian S.E., HekmatniaM.R.Value of CT Scan in Solid Organ Injury Diagnosis in Abdominal Blunt Trauma in Alzahra and Kashani Hospital of Esfahan. IRANIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY SPRING 2006; 14(1 (36)):12-18.
15. RASTI ARDEKANI M.,OMIDIFAR N.,ANSARI S.,GHAHERI H.RECOMBINANT HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE AND HEALING: DOES GROWTH HORMONE HAVE A POSITIVE EFFECT ON SKIN WOUND HEALING?JOURNAL OF ISFAHAN MEDICAL SCHOOL (I.U.M.S) .2006; 24(82):38-43.(Corresponding Author: Navid Omidifar). (Scopus)
16. Goharian V, Kafami Z, Yamani N, Omidifar N, SafaiM.Comparing Resident Evaluation of Attending Surgeons to Attendings Self-Evaluation. Iranian journal of medical education . 2005; 5(1) (Scopus)
17. Tabatabaie S.A., Hashemi S.M, Goharian V., Kianinia M., Omidifar N., SehhatS.Tracheal Stenosis Treatment: 97 Patients in Department of Thoracic Surgery of Alzahara Hospital of Esfahan.IRANIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY .2005; 13(2 (35)):43-48.
Honors and Awards:
Elite (premiere) student of Isfahan University of Medical Science (2007)
Member of Talented Student Organization of Iran Ministry of health and medical Education, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences Branch, Faculty of Medicine (2000- Till now)
Vice -president of Young consulter of Isfahan Medical Faculty Dean (2005-2006)
5th student of the same entrance to university according to didactic average (17.30 of 20)
English Language Proficiency:
Membership of Professional society:
Registered Physician at the Medical Council of I.R.Iran since 2008, M.C.No: 119047
- Use of fine needle aspiration cytology in the diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis: a comparison with the conventional scraping methodMassood Hosseinzadeh
Department of Pathology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Trop Doct 42:112-3. 2012..The sensitivity of FNA cytology was greater even though the specificity was the same. Our study confirmed the advantages of FNA cytology as a reliable method for the diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis...
- Respiratory effects of H+ and dinitrophenol injections into the brain stem subarachnoid space of fetal lambsA H Jansen
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 53:726-33. 1975....
- Conformational and molecular responses to pH variation of the purified membrane adenosine triphosphatase of Micrococcus lysodeikticusM Nieto
Biochim Biophys Acta 413:394-414. 1975..Conventional proteolysis did not account for the transformation...
- The behavior of holo- and apo-forms of bovine superoxide dismutase at low pHJ A Fee
Biochim Biophys Acta 412:26-38. 1975..The holoprotein maintained a compact, apparently dimeric, structure even at pH 3...
- Bile acids. XLVII. 12alpha-Hydroxylation of precursors of allo bile acids by rabbit liver microsomesS S Ali
Biochim Biophys Acta 409:249-57. 1975..No clear sex difference was found in activity of the enzyme, nor was an appreciable difference noted in activity of the enzyme between mature and immature animals...
- Rapid in-office and in-vivo desensitization of an injection phobia utilizing hypnosisL K Daniels
Am J Clin Hypn 18:200-3. 1976
- Nutrition education in the medical school curriculum: a proposal for action: a curriculum designR T Frankle
Am J Clin Nutr 29:105-9. 1976....
- The comparative study on diagnostic validity of cerebral aneurysm by computed tomography angiography versus digital subtraction angiography after subarachnoid hemorrhageMasih Saboori
Associated Professor of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Alzahra Hospital, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
J Res Med Sci 16:1020-5. 2011..In order to declare the preoperative diagnostic value of brain aneurysms, two radiological modalities, computed tomographic angiography and digital subtraction angiography were compared...
- Effect of nasal beclomethasone spray in the treatment of otitis media with effusionBehrooz Barati
Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Res Med Sci 16:509-15. 2011..So, this study aimed to evaluate the role of nasal corticosteroid spray as an adjuvant for the treatment of OME...
- Sonographic assessment of congenitally hypothyroid children in IranMohsen Hoseini
Department of Radiology, Isfahan University of Medical Science, Iran
Endokrynol Pol 61:665-70. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the aetiology of CH among children in Isfahan province...
- Prediction severity of esophageal varices: a new cutoff point for Platelet count/ spleen diameter ratioR Barikbin
Department of Radiology, Isfahan University of Medical Science, Iran
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 56:1-6. 2010..The aim of this paper was assess value of platelet count/spleen diameter ratio (PC/SD ratio) for the prediction or screening of EV in cirrhotic patients...
- Development of a special electrode for continuous subcutaneous pH measurement in the infant scalpO Stamm
Am J Obstet Gynecol 124:193-5. 1976..Tests on a normal sample of newborn babies immediately after birth showed a significant correlation between tissue pH and capillary blood pH, with the trend of pH variation being broadly similar in both measurement media...
- Review of drug treatment for Down's syndrome personsJ B Share
Am J Ment Defic 80:388-93. 1976..There have not been any drugs that have demonstrated remarkable improvement in the status of Down's syndrome individuals that have been widely accepted as effective...
- Use of the latent image technique to develop and evaluate problem-solving skillsM L Schwabbauer
Am J Med Technol 41:457-62. 1975..Target learner populations included medical technology students, physician assistant students, and pathology residents. Members of all three groups participated in the evaluation of the module and responded to its use in varied settings...
- Biochemical and electrophoretic studies of erythrocyte pyridoxine kinase in white and black AmericansC J Chern
Am J Hum Genet 28:9-17. 1976..19, respectively, for white donors, The variant enzyme in persons with enzyme deficiency was associated with an increased rate of degradation in red cells during aging. No other biochemical or electrophoretic differences were detected...
- Responses to drug therapy in ulcerative colitis. Evaluation by rectal biopsy and histopathological changesB I Korelitz
Am J Gastroenterol 64:365-70. 1975..There were fewer crypt abscesses but more mucosal edema after all forms of therapy. Quantitative histopathological analysis failed to demonstrate that the response to one drug was significantly different from another...
- Digitoxin metabolism by rat liver microsomesA Schmoldt
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1639-41. 1975
- Radiochemical assay of glutathione S-epoxide transferase and its enhancement by phenobarbital in rat liver in vivoJ Marniemi
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1569-72. 1975
- Comparison between procaine and isocarboxazid metabolism in vitro by a liver microsomal amidase-esteraseK Moroi
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1517-21. 1975
- Maturation of the adrenal medulla--IV. Effects of morphineT R Anderson
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1469-74. 1975
- Studies of oxygen binding energy to hemoglobin moleculeY W Chow
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1424-31. 1975
- Atomic models for the polypeptide backbones of myohemerythrin and hemerythrinW A Hendrickson
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1349-56. 1975
- Effect of chloroquine on cultured fibroblasts: release of lysosomal hydrolases and inhibition of their uptakeU N Wiesmann
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1338-43. 1975
- Metal substitutions incarbonic anhydrase: a halide ion probe studyR J Smith
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1281-6. 1975
- Delineation of the intimate details of the backbone conformation of pyridine nucleotide coenzymes in aqueous solutionK S Bose
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1173-9. 1975
- Identification of adenylate cyclase-coupled beta-adrenergic receptors with radiolabeled beta-adrenergic antagonistsR J Lefkowitz
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1651-8. 1975
- The effect of adrenaline and of alpha- and beta-adrenergic blocking agents on ATP concentration and on incorporation of 32Pi into ATP in rat fat cellsJ M Stein
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1659-62. 1975
- The effect of o-salicylate upon pentose phosphate pathway activity in normal and G6PD-deficient red cellsN Worathumrong
Br J Haematol 30:225-31. 1975..Salicylic acid was shown to inhibit this pathway in proportion to the amount present. At any concentration of this substance there was greater inhibition of the PPP in G6PD-deficient than in normal red cells...
- [Studies on the action of an anticholinergic agent in combination with a tranquilizer on gastric juice secretion in man]R R Scherberger
Arzneimittelforschung 25:1460-3. 1975..The pH value was savely increased only by Sch 1000 and Sch 1000 + oxazepam, and this even only during the basal period. The results are discussed...
- Influence of a new virostatic compound on the induction of enzymes in rat liverH Kroger
Arzneimittelforschung 25:1426-9. 1975..3. The induction of tyrosine-aminotransferase by dexamethasonephosphate in tissue culture is inhibited if the dose of compound 5531 is higher than 5 mug/ml...
- Effects of 5,6-dihydroxytryptamine on tyrosine-hydroxylase activity in central catecholaminergic neurons of the ratB Renaud
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1739-42. 1975
- Malathion A and B esterases of mouse liver-IV M Bhagwat
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1713-7. 1975
- Action of propranolol on mitochondrial functions--effects on energized ion fluxes in the presence of valinomycinJ Jarvisalo
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1701-5. 1975
- Formate assay in body fluids: application in methanol poisoningA B Makar
Biochem Med 13:117-26. 1975