- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in United States counties, 2001-2009
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60308. 2013
..Concurrent increases in treatment and control of hypertension are promising, but efforts to decrease the prevalence of hypertension are needed...
- Choosing a design to fit the situation: how to improve specificity and positive predictive values using Bayesian lot quality assurance sampling
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Epidemiol 42:346-55. 2013
..We suggest that poor LQAS performance is due, in part, to variation in the true underlying distribution. However, until now the role of the underlying distribution in expected performance has not been adequately examined...
- A comparative risk assessment of burden of disease and injury attributable to 67 risk factors and risk factor clusters in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010
Stephen S Lim
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Lancet 380:2224-60. 2012
..No complete revision of global disease burden caused by risk factors has been done since a comparative risk assessment in 2000, and no previous analysis has assessed changes in burden attributable to risk factors over time...
- Estimation after classification using lot quality assurance sampling: corrections for curtailed sampling with application to evaluating polio vaccination campaigns
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Trop Med Int Health 19:321-30. 2014
- The state of US health, 1990-2010: burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors
Christopher J L Murray
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, 2301 Fifth Ave, Suite 600, Seattle, WA, 98121, USA
JAMA 310:591-608. 2013
..Understanding the major health problems in the United States and how they are changing over time is critical for informing national health policy...
- Multiple category-lot quality assurance sampling: a new classification system with application to schistosomiasis control
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1806. 2012
..We explore the analytical properties of MC-LQAS, and validate its use for the classification of S. mansoni prevalence in multiple settings in East Africa...
- Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010
Christopher J L Murray
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Seattle 98121, WA, USA
Lancet 380:2197-223. 2012
..We aimed to calculate disease burden worldwide and for 21 regions for 1990, 2005, and 2010 with methods to enable meaningful comparisons over time...