- Clinical situations associated with difficult-to-control hypertension
Unit of Hypertension, Nephrology Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Hypertens 31:S3-8. 2013
..In this article we review the epidemiology and the conditions which are related to poorly controlled hypertension and that can explain why hypertension may become difficult-to-treat...
- Association between urinary albumin excretion and both central and peripheral blood pressure in subjects with insulin resistance
Hypertension Unit, Nephrology Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Hypertens 31:103-8. 2013
..Central blood pressure (cBP) predicts cardiovascular events. Regarding subclinical organ damage, the relationship between urinary albumin excretion (UAE) and cBP is rather unknown...
- Urinary albumin excretion is associated with true resistant hypertension
Nephrology Division, Hypertension Unit, Medicine Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Hum Hypertens 24:27-33. 2010
..In patients with suspected RH, assessment of 24 h ambulatory BP is the most accurate way to detect a population with high risk for target-organ damage...
- Urinary albumin excretion is associated with nocturnal systolic blood pressure in resistant hypertensives
Hypertension Unit, Nephrology Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Hypertension 57:556-60. 2011
..We conclude that microalbuminuria is better associated with increased nighttime systolic blood pressure than with any other office and 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring parameters...
- [Prevalence of target organ damage and metabolic abnormalities in resistant hypertension]
Unidad de Hipertension Arterial, Hospital General de L Hospitalet, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 137:435-9. 2011
- Urinary albumin excretion at follow-up predicts cardiovascular outcomes in subjects with resistant hypertension
Hypertension Unit, Nephrology Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Hypertens 26:1148-54. 2013
..Renal function and albuminuria predict cardiovascular disease (CVD) in general population. However, their prognostic value in patients with resistant hypertension (RH) is somewhat unknown...
- Putative endothelial progenitor cells are associated with flow-mediated dilation in refractory hypertensives
Hypertension Unit, Nephrology Department, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Medicine Department, Barcelona, Spain
Blood Press 17:298-305. 2008
..Hypertension has been related to endothelial dysfunction. Patients with refractory hypertension (RH) have a reduced number of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs)...
- Clinical differences between resistant hypertensives and patients treated and controlled with three or less drugs
Alejandro de la Sierra
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Mutua Terrassa, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Hypertens 30:1211-6. 2012
..The aim of the study was to evaluate clinical differences, target organ damage and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in resistant hypertensive patients and patients controlled on three or less drugs...
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells after kidney transplantation
Maria Jose Soler
Nephrology Department, Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Transplant 5:2154-9. 2005
..Moreover, EPCs from RT studied in vitro, showed reduced proliferation, which is a sign of functional impairment. These alterations may be involved in increased cardiovascular risk of RT...