- Comparative study of high-resolution microimaging with 30-MHz scanner for evaluating cardiac function in mice
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1203-10. 2007
..The accurate assessment of cardiac function in mice is challenging because of their small heart size and rapid heart rate...
- [Long-surviving patient with isolated absent pulmonary valve syndrome: a case report]
Department of Internal Medicine, Izumi City Hospital, Fuchu cho 4 10 10, Izumi, Osaka 594 0071
J Cardiol 45:165-71. 2005
..A case of such long survival without associated cardiac anomalies is very rare...
- Impact of valvular thickness on stroke recurrence in medically treated patients with stroke
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:375-80. 2007
..It remains controversial whether left-sided valvular thickening (VaT) is a risk factor for ischemic stroke. Little is known about the relationship between VaT and the recurrent adverse event rate in medically treated patients with stroke...
- Ceramide is a cardiotoxin in lipotoxic cardiomyopathy
Tae Sik Park
Division of Preventive Medicine and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Lipid Res 49:2101-12. 2008
..Our results suggest a critical role for ceramide accumulation in the pathogenesis of lipotoxic cardiomyopathy...
- Cardiomyocyte expression of PPARgamma leads to cardiac dysfunction in mice
Ni Huiping Son
Division of Preventive Medicine and Nutrition, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2791-801. 2007
..Thus, while PPARgamma agonists appear to have multiple beneficial effects, their direct actions on the myocardium have the potential to lead to deterioration in heart function...
- Regulation of plasma fructose and mortality in mice by the aldose reductase inhibitor lidorestat
Hye Lim Noh
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:496-503. 2009
..If similar effects are found in humans, such treatment could improve clinical outcome in diabetic patients...
- In vitro atrial septal ablation using high-intensity focused ultrasound
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 25:467-72. 2012
..Atrial septostomy is a palliative treatment for pulmonary artery hypertension. The purpose of this study was to assess the feasibility of atrial septal ablation in vitro using HIFU...
- Septal pouch in the left atrium and risk of ischemic stroke
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:1276-83. 2010
..We sought to assess the association between the presence of a septal pouch in the left atrium and ischemic stroke...
- Feasibility of using a real-time 3-dimensional technique for contrast dobutamine stress echocardiography
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:540-5. 2006
..RT3D dobutamine contrast stress echocardiography is feasible, greatly improves image quality compared with noncontrast images, and quickly acquires full data sets for subsequent analysis...
- In vitro mitral chordal cutting by high intensity focused ultrasound
Department of Medicine Cardiology Division, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:400-5. 2008
..In conclusion, in vitro feasibility of mitral chordal cutting by HIFU depended on the diameter of chordae but was controllable by HIFU settings. (E-mail: email@example.com)...
- Alterations in diastolic function in masked hypertension: findings from the masked hypertension study
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Hypertens 26:808-15. 2013
..We evaluated whether MHT is associated with impaired diastolic function compared with SHT and sustained normotension (NT) in the general population...
- Acute lipoprotein lipase deletion in adult mice leads to dyslipidemia and cardiac dysfunction
Hye Lim Noh
Division of Preventive Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E755-60. 2006
..Acute loss of LPL decreased ejection fraction and increased mRNA levels for atrial natriuretic factor. Our studies show that acute loss of LPL can be produced and leads to rapid alteration in gene expression and cardiac dysfunction...
- Extracardiac ablation of the left ventricular septum in beating canine hearts using high-intensity focused ultrasound
Osaka City University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1400-6. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the possibility of myocardial ablation in the left ventricle of beating dog hearts with monitoring by 2-dimensional echocardiography...
- Assessment of coronary artery disease with nicorandil stress magnetic resonance imaging
Department of Cardiology, Izumi City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Osaka City Med J 50:87-94. 2004
..We set out to investigate whether the coronary artery stenosis could be assessed by nicorandil stress perfusion magnetic resonance imaging...