- Service users' perceptions about their hospital admission elicited by service user-researchers or by clinicians
Cluain Mhuire Mental Health Service, Newtownpark Ave, Blackrock, Co Dublin, Ireland
Psychiatr Serv 64:416-22, 416.e1-3. 2013
..Researchers can also feel more confident in directly comparing the results of studies undertaken by clinicians and by service user-researchers...
- A descriptive study of 'non-cases' and referral rates to an early intervention for psychosis service
DETECT, Early Intervention in Psychosis service, Blackrock, County Dublin, Ireland
Early Interv Psychiatry 6:276-82. 2012
..We then aimed to examine the referral rates of cases and non-cases to an early intervention service...
- Involuntary admission from the patients' perspective
St John of God Psychiatry Rotation, Hospitaller Order of St John of God, Dublin, Ireland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:631-8. 2010
..In Ireland, the Mental Health Act 2001 has introduced significant changes in the care for patients admitted involuntarily, including mental health tribunals that review the involuntary admission orders...
- Physical coercion, perceived pressures and procedural justice in the involuntary admission and future engagement with mental health services
DETECT, Early Intervention in Psychosis service, Avila House, Block 5, Blackrock Business Park, Blackrock, Co Dublin, Ireland
Eur Psychiatry 26:208-14. 2011
..We sought to determine the level of procedural justice experienced by individuals at the time of involuntary admission and whether this influenced future engagement with the mental health services...
- Perceptions of involuntary admission and risk of subsequent readmission at one-year follow-up: the influence of insight and recovery style
St John of God St Vincents University Hospital Postgraduate Training Scheme in Psychiatry, Dublin, Ireland
J Ment Health 20:249-59. 2011
..Involuntary admission is one of the most ethically challenging practices in medicine, yet we are only beginning to learn more about the patient's perspective...
- Prevalence of item level negative symptoms in first episode psychosis diagnoses
DETECT Services, Avila House, Block 5 Blackrock Business Park, Blackrock, Co Dublin, Ireland
Schizophr Res 135:128-33. 2012
..Conclusions: SANS items have high prevalence in FEP, and while commonest in schizophrenia spectrum conditions are not restricted to this diagnostic subgroup...
- Can we combine symptom scales for collaborative research projects?
John P Lyne
DETECT Services, Avila House, Block 5 Blackrock Business Park, Co Dublin, Ireland
J Psychiatr Res 46:233-8. 2012
..The paper discusses potential methods for combining the scales in collaborative research, including use of the recently developed standardised remission criteria for schizophrenia...