- MicroRNAs and their target gene networks in breast cancer
Immune Disease Institute, Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:201. 2010
..Here we report how the observed perturbations in miRNA expression profiles may lead to disruption of key pathways involved in breast cancer...
- Capture of microRNA-bound mRNAs identifies the tumor suppressor miR-34a as a regulator of growth factor signaling
Immune Disease Institute, Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002363. 2011
..Thus miR-34a tempers the proliferative and pro-survival effect of growth factor stimulation by interfering with growth factor signal transduction and downstream pathways required for cell division...
- HIV DNA is heavily uracilated, which protects it from autointegration
Children s Hospital Boston, and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9244-9. 2011
..Thus, HIV tolerates, or even benefits from, nonmutagenic uracil incorporation during reverse transcription in human immune cells...
- miR-24 Inhibits cell proliferation by targeting E2F2, MYC, and other cell-cycle genes via binding to "seedless" 3'UTR microRNA recognition elements
Immune Disease Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 35:610-25. 2009
..The E2F2 3'UTR lacks a predicted miR-24 recognition element. In fact, miR-24 regulates expression of E2F2, MYC, AURKB, CCNA2, CDC2, CDK4, and FEN1 by recognizing seedless but highly complementary sequences...
- miR-24-mediated downregulation of H2AX suppresses DNA repair in terminally differentiated blood cells
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:492-8. 2009
..Therefore, miR-24 upregulation in postreplicative cells reduces H2AX and makes them vulnerable to DNA damage...
- miR-200 enhances mouse breast cancer cell colonization to form distant metastases
Derek M Dykxhoorn
Department of Pediatrics, Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7181. 2009
..Because some miRNAs are dysregulated in cancer and affect cellular transformation, tumor formation, and metastasis, we examined whether changes in miRNA expression might explain the differences in metastasis of these cells...
- Molecular basis for antagonism between PDGF and the TGFbeta family of signalling pathways by control of miR-24 expression
Mun Chun Chan
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
EMBO J 29:559-73. 2010
..Thus, this study provides a molecular basis for the antagonism between the PDGF and TGFbeta pathways, and its effect on the control of the vSMC phenotype...
- Desperately seeking microRNA targets
Immune Disease Institute and Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:1169-74. 2010
..Bioinformatic analysis of over-represented pathways and nodes in protein-DNA interactomes formed from experimental candidate miRNA gene target lists can focus attention on biologically significant target genes...