- Report of the 3rd Royan Summer School in Tehran, Iran (14th July-19th July 2012)
BG Trauma Center, Eberhard Karls Uniersität Tübingen, Schnarrenbergstraße 95, 72076, Tübingen, Germany
Stem Cell Rev 9:119-20. 2013
..The course, which covered essential concepts of stem cells, pluripotent stem cells, adult stem cells, tissue engineering and ethics, was attended by more than 400 students from all over Iran and from the Middle East...
- Cell therapeutic options in liver diseases: cell types, medical devices and regulatory issues
Andreas K Nussler
Department of Traumatology, MRI, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:1087-99. 2011
..We here briefly summarize the possible cell types used to partially or temporarily correct liver diseases, the most recent development of bioreactor technology and important regulatory issues...
- Protective role of HO-1 for alcohol-dependent liver damage
A K Nussler
Department of Traumatology, MRI, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Dig Dis 28:792-8. 2010
..Induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) may protect primary human hepatocytes (hHeps) from such damage. Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the potential of polyphenols to protect hHeps from ethanol-dependent oxidative damage...
- The possible use of stem cells in regenerative medicine: dream or reality?
Department of Traumatology, TU Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:985-97. 2009
..We here briefly review the literature in particularly for the liver, heart, kidney, cartilage, and bone regeneration...
- Posttranslational modification of vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein, but not JNK inhibition, is the antiviral mechanism of SP600125
Department of Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Virol 86:4844-55. 2012
..In contrast to previous reports, we show that JNK inhibition by the inhibitor SP600125 is not responsible for VSV attenuation in HCC cells and that this compound acts by causing a posttranslational modification of the viral glycoprotein...