Emily C Walsh
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Searching for signals of evolutionary selection in 168 genes related to immune functionEmily C Walsh
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Hum Genet 119:92-102. 2006....
- A high-resolution HLA and SNP haplotype map for disease association studies in the extended human MHCPaul I W de Bakker
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Seven Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Genet 38:1166-72. 2006....
- Genetic analysis of multiple sclerosisEmily C Walsh
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Center for Genome Research, One Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA 02141, USA
J Autoimmun 21:111-6. 2003..Lastly, we review recent important advances in our understanding of the patterns of genetic variation in the human genome and speculate about how these advances will aid in future studies of the genetic causes of MS...
- An integrated haplotype map of the human major histocompatibility complexEmily C Walsh
Center for Genome Research, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:580-90. 2003..Furthermore, these data show that multi-SNP haplotypes will likely be a valuable means for refining association signals in this region...
- Identification of two independent risk factors for lupus within the MHC in United Kingdom familiesMichelle M A Fernando
Section of Molecular Genetics and Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 3:e192. 2007..Our class III signal importantly excludes independent association at the TNF promoter polymorphism, TNF-308G/A, in our SLE cohort and provides a potentially novel locus for future genetic and functional studies...
- Erythroid-lineage-specific engraftment in patients with severe hemoglobinopathy following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationPaul M Armistead
Department of Medical Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Exp Hematol 36:1205-15. 2008..We aimed to create a molecular assay to monitor erythroid (red blood cell [RBC]) engraftment in any patient following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, independent of disease-specific mutations...
- Early myocardial function affects endocardial cushion development in zebrafishThomas Bartman
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E129. 2004....
- A high-resolution linkage-disequilibrium map of the human major histocompatibility complex and first generation of tag single-nucleotide polymorphismsMarcos M Miretti
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:634-46. 2005..This LD map allowed us to give coordinates for the extremely variable LD structure underlying the MHC...
- Defining the role of the MHC in autoimmunity: a review and pooled analysisMichelle M A Fernando
Section of Molecular Genetics and Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 4:e1000024. 2008..Furthermore, we find a number of interesting commonalities and differences across diseases that implicate both general and disease-specific pathogenetic mechanisms in autoimmunity...