Genomes and Genes
Fabrizio C Serluca
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Zebrafish mutations affecting cilia motility share similar cystic phenotypes and suggest a mechanism of cyst formation that differs from pkd2 morphantsJessica Sullivan-Brown
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Washington Road, Mof 433, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Dev Biol 314:261-75. 2008..Finally, we show that knock-down of polycystic kidney disease 2 (pkd2) specifically causes glomerular cysts and does not affect cilia motility, suggesting multiple mechanisms exist for cyst formation...
- Development of the proepicardial organ in the zebrafishFabrizio C Serluca
Developmental and Molecular Pathways, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Dev Biol 315:18-27. 2008....
- Mutations in zebrafish leucine-rich repeat-containing six-like affect cilia motility and result in pronephric cysts, but have variable effects on left-right patterningFabrizio C Serluca
Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 136:1621-31. 2009..Combined with recently published results, our alleles suggest that the function of seahorse in cilia motility is separable from its function in other cilia-related phenotypes...
- santa and valentine pattern concentric growth of cardiac myocardium in the zebrafishJohn D Mably
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 133:3139-46. 2006..This suggests that concentric growth of the myocardium, crucial for blood pressure generation, is dictated by a heg-san-vtn signaling pathway...
- olig1 Expression identifies developing oligodendrocytes in zebrafish and requires hedgehog and notch signalingMichael Schebesta
Developmental and Molecular Pathways, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Dev Dyn 238:887-98. 2009..Lastly, knockdown of Olig1 in an Olig2-sensitized background did result in defects in CNS myelination, indicating a functional overlap between Olig1 and Olig2 proteins...
- Identification of a BMP7 homolog in zebrafish expressed in developing organ systemsMay Shawi
Developmental and Molecular Pathways, The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:369-75. 2008..We further show that bmp7b is strongly expressed in developing organ systems such as the eyes, the ears, the pronephric kidney and the gastrointestinal system...
- Integrated compound profiling screens identify the mitochondrial electron transport chain as the molecular target of the natural products manassantin, sesquicillin, and arctigeninKevin Lai
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, United States
ACS Chem Biol 8:257-67. 2013..Together, zebrafish screening and transcriptional profiling represent sensitive and scalable approaches for identifying bioactive compounds and elucidating their mechanism of action...
- ZNRF3 promotes Wnt receptor turnover in an R-spondin-sensitive mannerHuai Xiang Hao
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 485:195-200. 2012..These data suggest that R-spondin enhances Wnt signalling by inhibiting ZNRF3. Our study provides new mechanistic insights into the regulation of Wnt receptor turnover, and reveals ZNRF3 as a tractable target for therapeutic exploration...
- Notch1b and neuregulin are required for specification of central cardiac conduction tissueDavid J Milan
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Development 133:1125-32. 2006....
- A betaPix Pak2a signaling pathway regulates cerebral vascular stability in zebrafishJing Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 4N1
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:13990-5. 2007..These data identify an essential in vivo role for betaPix and Pak2a during embryonic development and illuminate a previously unrecognized pathway specifically involved in cerebrovascular stabilization...
- Chemical approaches to angiogenesisJoanne Chan
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Methods Cell Biol 76:475-87. 2004
- Endothelial signaling in kidney morphogenesis: a role for hemodynamic forcesFabrizio C Serluca
Cardiovascular Research Center and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Boston, MA 02119, USA
Curr Biol 12:492-7. 2002..Thus, vascular flow is required for glomerular assembly, most probably acting via a stretch-responsive signaling system in the vessel wall...