Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Absolute bioavailability of imatinib (Glivec) orally versus intravenous infusionBin Peng
Clinical Pharmacology, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 180 Park Avenue, Building 105, Room 2W212, Florham Park, NJ 07936 1080, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:158-62. 2004..The 400-mg oral dose of imatinib, as a capsule or a solution, was completely absorbed and was almost completely bioavailable (> 97%)...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of imatinib in a phase I trial with chronic myeloid leukemia patientsBin Peng
Clinical Pharmacology, Novartis, One Health Plaza, Building 419, Room 2368, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:935-42. 2004..To evaluate the basic pharmacokinetic (PK) characteristics of imatinib mesylate and assess the relationship between the PK and pharmacodynamic (PD) properties of the drug...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of imatinibBin Peng
Oncology, Clinical Pharmacology, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Florham Park, New Jersey 07936 1080, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:879-94. 2005..Age (range 18-70 years), race, sex and bodyweight do not appreciably impact the pharmacokinetics of imatinib...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of imatinib mesylate in patients with advanced malignancies and varying degrees of liver dysfunction: a study by the National Cancer Institute Organ Dysfunction Working GroupRamesh K Ramanathan
Translational Genomics Research Institute, 13208 E Shea Blvd, Ste 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:563-9. 2008..To develop dosing guidelines and to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of imatinib in patients with liver dysfunction (LD)...
- Metabolism and disposition of imatinib mesylate in healthy volunteersHans Peter Gschwind
Exploratory Development DMPK, Novartis Pharma AG, WKL 135 2 25, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1503-12. 2005..Excretion of radioactivity was slow with a mean radiocarbon recovery of 80% within 7 days (67% in feces, 13% in urine). Approximately 28 and 13% of the dose in the excreta corresponded to imatinib and CGP74588, respectively...
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between ketoconazole and imatinib mesylate (Glivec) in healthy subjectsCatherine Dutreix
Novartis Pharma AG, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:290-4. 2004..This interaction should be considered when administering inhibitors of the CYP3A family in combination with imatinib...
- Bioequivalence, safety, and tolerability of imatinib tablets compared with capsulesZariana Nikolova
Novartis Oncology, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 53:433-8. 2004..To improve dosing flexibility, particularly with regard to the pediatric population and the management of adverse events, a scored 100-mg film-coated tablet has also been introduced...
- Effect of rifampicin on the pharmacokinetics of imatinib mesylate (Gleevec, STI571) in healthy subjectsAnn E Bolton
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 53:102-6. 2004..This study was carried out to investigate the influence of CYP3A induction with rifampicin on imatinib (Gleevec) exposure...
- Assessment of the pharmacokinetic interaction between eltrombopag and lopinavir-ritonavir in healthy adult subjectsMary B Wire
Clinical Pharmacology, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2846-51. 2012..No subjects withdrew due to AEs, and no serious AEs were reported. These study results suggest that platelet counts should be monitored and the eltrombopag dose adjusted accordingly if LPV/RTV therapy is initiated or discontinued...
- Phase I/II study of imatinib mesylate for recurrent malignant gliomas: North American Brain Tumor Consortium Study 99-08Patrick Y Wen
Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4899-907. 2006..Phase II: To determine the therapeutic efficacy of imatinib...
- Imatinib pharmacokinetics in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumour: a retrospective population pharmacokinetic study over time. EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma GroupIan Judson
Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 55:379-86. 2005..6%, which contains zero. It is not yet clear whether this is a significant factor in the amelioration of imatinib toxicity that occurs with time or is related to disease control, and further work is required to confirm this observation...
- Imatinib mesylate (STI571) for treatment of children with Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemia: results from a Children's Oncology Group phase 1 studyMartin A Champagne
Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC, Canada, H3T 1C5
Blood 104:2655-60. 2004..Doses of 260 and 340 mg/m(2) provide systemic exposures similar to those of adults who are treated with daily doses of 400 and 600 mg, respectively...
- Central nervous system failure in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia lymphoid blast crisis and Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with imatinib (STI-571)Jose F Leis
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:695-8. 2004..These results suggest that IM may not penetrate the intact blood/brain barrier and its implications are discussed...
- Efficacy and safety of imatinib mesylate in advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumorsGeorge D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 347:472-80. 2002..Imatinib mesylate, a selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor, has been shown in preclinical models and preliminary clinical studies to have activity against such tumors...
- Typing of mutans streptococci by arbitrarily primed PCR in patients undergoing orthodontic treatmentJiarong Liu
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, PR China
Caries Res 38:523-9. 2004..That strain was not detected either prior to or after 3, or 6 months of treatment. The result indicated that the MS clones were very stable during orthodontic treatment...
- Expressions of nuclear factor kappaB, inducible nitric oxide synthase, and vascular endothelial growth factor in adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glands: correlations with the angiogenesis and clinical outcomeJiali Zhang
Key Lab for Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education, School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, PR China
Clin Cancer Res 11:7334-43. 2005....
- Phenotypes and genotypes in 2 DGI families with different DSPP mutationsYaling Song
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering of Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:360-74. 2006....
- Intensive blood pressure reduction in acute cerebral haemorrhage trial (INTERACT): a randomised pilot trialCraig S Anderson
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Neurol 7:391-9. 2008..Our aim was to assess the safety and efficiency of this treatment, as a run-in phase to a larger trial...