P H Kelly
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Defective inhibition of dream event memory formation: a hypothesized mechanism in the onset and progression of symptoms of schizophreniaP H Kelly
Preclinical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Brain Res Bull 46:189-97. 1998....
- Progressive age-related impairment of cognitive behavior in APP23 transgenic miceP H Kelly
NS Research, Novartis Pharma A G Ltd, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Neurobiol Aging 24:365-78. 2003..In conclusion, APP23 mice exhibit both early behavioral impairment in the large Morris maze as well as impairments in passive avoidance and small pool performance that are marked only in old age...
- mGluR7 facilitates extinction of aversive memories and controls amygdala plasticityM Fendt
Neuroscience Research, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Psychiatry 13:970-9. 2008..The finding that mGluR7 critically regulates extinction, in addition to acquisition of aversive memories, demonstrates that this receptor may be relevant for the manifestation and treatment of anxiety disorders...
- Epilepsy, hyperalgesia, impaired memory, and loss of pre- and postsynaptic GABA(B) responses in mice lacking GABA(B(1))V Schuler
Novartis Pharma AG, TA Nervous System, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Neuron 31:47-58. 2001..This demonstrates that GABA(B(1)) is an essential component of pre- and postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors and casts doubt on the existence of proposed receptor subtypes...
- Importance of AMPA receptors for hippocampal synaptic plasticity but not for spatial learningD Zamanillo
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 29, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 284:1805-11. 1999..The results suggest that CA1 hippocampal LTP is controlled by the number or subunit composition of AMPA receptors and show a dichotomy between LTP in CA1 and acquisition of spatial memory...