James E Foley
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Beta cell function following 1 year vildagliptin or placebo treatment and after 12 week washout in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes and mild hyperglycaemia: a randomised controlled trialJ E Foley
Novartis Pharmaceutical Cooperation, Clinical Research and Development, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Diabetologia 54:1985-91. 2011..Here, we assessed the insulin secretory capacity in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes after a 52 week treatment period with vildagliptin or placebo, and again after a 12 week washout period...
- Weight neutrality with the DPP-4 inhibitor, vildagliptin: mechanistic basis and clinical experienceJames E Foley
Clinical Research and Development, Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:541-8. 2010..Elaboration of these and other pathways could further clarify the origins of the favorable weight profile of vildagriptin...
- Efficacy and safety comparison between the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin and the sulfonylurea gliclazide after two years of monotherapy in drug-naïve patients with type 2 diabetesJ E Foley
Clinical Research and Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ, USA
Horm Metab Res 41:905-9. 2009....
- Effect of vildagliptin on glucagon concentration during meals in patients with type 1 diabetesJ E Foley
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Horm Metab Res 40:727-30. 2008
- Efficacy of vildagliptin in combination with insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes and severe renal impairmentValentina Lukashevich
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 9:21-8. 2013..73 m(2)) and longstanding type 2 diabetes not adequately controlled with insulin therapy, which is a difficult-to-treat population, with limited therapeutic options and a high susceptibility to hypoglycemia...
- Assessing the general safety and tolerability of vildagliptin: value of pooled analyses from a large safety database versus evaluation of individual studiesAnja Schweizer
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:49-57. 2011..The aim of this paper is therefore to assess the general safety and tolerability, including incidences of the most common adverse events (AEs), of vildagliptin based on a large pooled database of Phase II and III clinical trials...
- Vildagliptin does not affect C-peptide clearance in patients with type 2 diabetesYan ling He
Arkansas Research, Little Rock, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:127-31. 2007
- Pharmacodynamics of vildagliptin in patients with type 2 diabetes during OGTTYan ling He
DMSc, Exploratory Development, Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research Inc, 400 Technology Square, Building 605, Rm 811, Cambridge, MA 02139 3584, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:633-41. 2007..Unlike findings during mixed-meal challenges, vildagliptin increases plasma insulin levels during oral glucose tolerance tests in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Comparison of vildagliptin and acarbose monotherapy in patients with Type 2 diabetes: a 24-week, double-blind, randomized trialC Pan
Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Diabet Med 25:435-41. 2008..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, vildagliptin, with the alpha glucosidase inhibitor, acarbose, in drug-naive patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Improved meal-related insulin processing contributes to the enhancement of B-cell function by the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in patients with type 2 diabetesB Ahren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 39:826-9. 2007..023) and postprandially (p=0.004). In conclusion, a more efficient B-cell insulin processing provides further evidence that vildagliptin treatment ameliorates abnormal B-cell function in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Comparison between vildagliptin and metformin to sustain reductions in HbA(1c) over 1 year in drug-naïve patients with Type 2 diabetesA Schweizer
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Diabet Med 24:955-61. 2007..To evaluate the ability of vildagliptin and metformin to sustain reductions in HbA(1c) over a 1-year treatment period in drug-naïve patients with Type 2 diabetes (Type 2 DM)...
- Vildagliptin in drug-naïve patients with type 2 diabetes: a 24-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose studyS Dejager
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Horm Metab Res 39:218-23. 2007..2% of patients in any treatment group reported mild hypoglycemia. In conclusion, vildagliptin monotherapy decreases HbA1c in drug-naïve patients without weight gain and is well tolerated with minimal hypoglycemia...
- Vildagliptin therapy reduces postprandial intestinal triglyceride-rich lipoprotein particles in patients with type 2 diabetesN Matikainen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 49:2049-57. 2006..We assessed the effects of vildagliptin, a novel dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor, on postprandial lipid and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Alpha cell function in health and disease: influence of glucagon-like peptide-1B E Dunning
PharmaWrite, LLC, Princeton, NJ, USA
Diabetologia 48:1700-13. 2005..Therapeutic approaches based around GLP-1 have the potential to improve both alpha cell and beta cell function, and could be of benefit in patients with a broad range of metabolic disorders...
- Vildagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor, improves model-assessed beta-cell function in patients with type 2 diabetesA Mari
National Research Center, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Corso Stati Uniti 4, 35127 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4888-94. 2005....
- Pharmacologic restoration of the early insulin response in pre-diabetic monkeys controls mealtime glucose excursions without peripheral hyperinsulinaemiaB E Dunning
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 13550 A Drive North, Ceresco, MI 49033, USA
Diabetologia 46:M22-9. 2003....
- Subcutaneous abdominal adipocyte size, a predictor of type 2 diabetes, is linked to chromosome 1q21--q23 and is associated with a common polymorphism in LMNA in Pima IndiansC Weyer
Clinical Diabetes and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 4212 N 16th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Mol Genet Metab 72:231-8. 2001..c. abd. AS can be attributed to familial factors and that genetic variation in LMNA might not only underlie rare cases of FPLD, but may also contribute to variation in adipocyte size in the general population...