Genomes and Genes
S W Cowan-Jacob
Affiliation: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Structural biology of protein tyrosine kinasesS W Cowan-Jacob
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Lichtstrasse 35, WSJ 88 9 08a, Novartis Pharma AG, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2608-25. 2006..This review gives a general overview of protein tyrosine kinase structural biology, including a discussion of the strengths and limitations of the investigative methods involved...
- The crystal structure of a c-Src complex in an active conformation suggests possible steps in c-Src activationSandra W Cowan-Jacob
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Structure 13:861-71. 2005..This structure reveals why the drug shows a low affinity for active kinase conformations, contributing to its excellent kinase selectivity profile...
- Structural biology contributions to the discovery of drugs to treat chronic myelogenous leukaemiaSandra W Cowan-Jacob
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 63:80-93. 2007..These results are presented in a way which illustrates the approaches used to generate multiple structures, the type of information that can be gained and the way that this information is used to support drug discovery...
- Structural biology contributions to tyrosine kinase drug discoverySandra W Cowan-Jacob
Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Postfach, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Cell Biol 21:280-7. 2009..This leads to a better understanding of how mutations lead to activation of kinases and resistance, in addition to providing opportunities for novel modes of targeting kinases...
- The mode of action and the structure of a herbicide in complex with its target: binding of activated hydantocidin to the feedback regulation site of adenylosuccinate synthetaseR Fonne-Pfister
Pharmaceutical Division, Ciba Geigy Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9431-6. 1996..This work provides the first crystal structure of a herbicide-target complex reported to date...
- Imatinib: a selective tyrosine kinase inhibitorP W Manley
Novartis Pharma Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 38:S19-27. 2002..In this paper, the relationship between molecular biology and drug discovery methods, as utilized for the identification of anticancer drugs, will be illustrated...
- Structures of adenylosuccinate synthetase from Triticum aestivum and Arabidopsis thalianaL Prade
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, CH 4056, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 296:569-77. 2000..coli AdSS, exclusively activated by ligands at the IMP-binding site. The dimer interfaces show up to six hydrogen bonds and six salt-bridges more than in the E. coli structure, although the contact areas have approximately the same size...
- Structural basis of BFL-1 for its interaction with BAX and its anti-apoptotic action in mammalian and yeast cellsH Zhang
Novartis Pharma AG, Oncology, Molecular Genetics, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 275:11092-9. 2000..e. a hydrophobic pocket for the binding of proapoptotic proteins, rather than extended sequence homologies...