- Clinical prognostic messages from a systematic review on cerebral palsy
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
Pediatrics 130:e1285-312. 2012
..To summarize evidence on the rates of co-occurring impairments, diseases, and functional limitations with cerebral palsy into succinct clinical messages...
- Effective home programme intervention for adults: a systematic review
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Institute, University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine, Darlinghurst NSW, Australia
Clin Rehabil 25:1066-85. 2011
..To summarize evidence on effective home programme intervention for adults and describe characteristics of successful home programmes...
- Parent experience of implementing effective home programs
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia
Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 31:198-213. 2011
..The findings suggest that parents experienced benefits using partnership home programs. Parents used these programs to help parent their child. Provision of ongoing support to parents was vital for motivation...
- Modified constraint-induced therapy for children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy: a randomized trial
Occupational Therapy Department, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 53:1091-9. 2011
..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of modified constraint-induced therapy compared with intensive occupational therapy on activities of daily living and upper limb outcomes in children with hemiplegic CP...
- Effectiveness of hand splints in children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review with meta-analysis
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 56:138-47. 2014
..The aim of this review was to determine the effectiveness of hand splinting for improving hand function in children with cerebral palsy (CP) and brain injury...
- A systematic review of interventions for children with cerebral palsy: state of the evidence
Cerebral Palsy Alliance, Sydney, Australia University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 55:885-910. 2013
..The aim of this study was to describe systematically the best available intervention evidence for children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Consensus research priorities for cerebral palsy: a Delphi survey of consumers, researchers, and clinicians
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 52:270-5. 2010
..Research funds for cerebral palsy are scarce and competition for them is strong. This study aimed to identify questions for future research that were agreed to be a high priority...
- Predicting equipment needs of children with cerebral palsy using the Gross Motor Function Classification System: a cross-sectional study
Cerebral Palsy Institute, Sydney, Australia
Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 7:30-6. 2012
..Children with cerebral palsy (CP) routinely use assistive equipment to improve their independence. Specialist equipment is expensive and therefore not always available to the child when needed...
- A KT intervention including the evidence alert system to improve clinician's evidence-based practice behavior-a cluster randomized controlled trial
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia, corner Oxford Street and Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Implement Sci 8:132. 2013
..The study aim was to measure the effectiveness of a multifaceted KT intervention including a customized KT tool, to change EBP behavior, knowledge, and attitudes of AHPs...
- The effect of education with workplace supports on practitioners' evidence-based practice knowledge and implementation behaviours
Cerebral Palsy Institute, School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Australia, Darlinghurst, NSW 1300, Australia
Aust Occup Ther J 57:386-93. 2010
..Individual and workplace barriers affect uptake of evidence-based practice (EBP). This study evaluated the effects of a 1-day workshop with workplace supports on allied health professionals' EBP knowledge and behaviour...
- Occupational therapy home programs for cerebral palsy: double-blind, randomized, controlled trial
Cerebral Palsy Institute, School of Medicine Sydney, University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney, Australia
Pediatrics 124:e606-14. 2009