- Effects of margarine containing medium-chain triacylglycerols on body fat reduction in humans
Division of Healthcare Science, Research Laboratory, The Nisshin OilliO, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 10:290-8. 2003
..6 +/- 12.8 cm(2)) after 12 weeks. There were no clinical differences in measured blood parameters. We suggest that the postprandial increase in thermogenesis and control of postprandial triglyceride levels may explain these results...
- Effect of dietary medium- and long-chain triacylglycerols (MLCT) on accumulation of body fat in healthy humans
Division of Healthcare Science Research Laboratory, Nisshin Oillio LTD, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 12:151-60. 2003
..The results suggest that the daily intake of MLCT diet could result in a reduction in body weight and in accumulation of body fat, and, moreover, it could reduce serum total cholesterol...
- Comparison of diet-induced thermogenesis of foods containing medium- versus long-chain triacylglycerols
Research Laboratory, Nisshin Oil Mills, Ltd, Shinmei cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 0832, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 48:536-40. 2002
..These results suggest that, in healthy humans, the intake of 5-10 g of MCT causes larger diet-induced thermogenesis than that of LCT, irrespective of the form of meal containing the MCT...
- Dietary medium- and long-chain triacylglycerols accelerate diet-induced thermogenesis in humans
Health and Nutrition Science Division, Research Laboratory, The Nisshin OilliO Group, Ltd, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
J Oleo Sci 56:283-7. 2007
..05). The results suggest that the substitution of MLCT for cooking oil is useful to control body weigh and fat in subjects...
- Combined intervention of medium-chain triacylglycerol diet and exercise reduces body fat mass and enhances energy expenditure in rats
Division of Healthcare Science, Central Research Laboratory, The Nisshin OilliO Group Ltd, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 54:136-41. 2008
..However, future studies are necessary to define the relationship between energy expenditure and fat mass accumulation...
- Effect of ingestion of medium-chain triacylglycerols on moderate- and high-intensity exercise in recreational athletes
The Nisshin OilliO Group, Ltd, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 55:120-5. 2009
- Effects of dietary medium-chain triacylglycerols on serum lipoproteins and biochemical parameters in healthy men
Division of Healthcare Science Research Laboratory, Nisshin Oil Mills, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1713-8. 2002
- Research on the nutritional characteristics of medium-chain fatty acids
Central Research Laboratory, The Nisshin OilliO Group, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
J Med Invest 54:385-8. 2007
..Healthy Resseta is widely sold in Japan...
- Effect of medium-chain triglycerides on the postprandial triglyceride concentration in healthy men
Division of Healthcare Science Research Laboratory, Nisshin Oil Mills LTD, 1 Shinmei cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239 0832, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:46-53. 2003
..These results suggest that, in subjects with BMI > or = 23 kg/m2, the intake of MCT is preferable to that of LCT for maintaining postprandial triglyceride at a low concentration...