Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Mental disease a heritage. New genetic knowledge can reveal "public diseases" such as autism, dyslexia, alcoholism, anorexia, schizophrenia]L Wetterberg
Universitetet i Tromsø, Norge
Lakartidningen 97:558-62, 565-7. 2000..This rapid development will facilitate gene mapping, as well as efforts to isolate and identify the genes responsible for symptom susceptibility in many of the etiologically unclear psychiatric diseases with complex genetic origin...
- Melatonin and clinical applicationL Wetterberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Reprod Nutr Dev 39:367-82. 1999..Finally, some studies have been performed to use melatonin as a medication for sleep disturbance in depression, for jet-lag and as a skin protector for ultraviolet light...
- Speculations around the mechanism behind the action of peptide T in the healing of psoriasis: a minireviewO Johansson
Department of Histology and Neurobiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 73:401-3. 1993..In summary, we believe that the clearance effect of peptide T on psoriasis will open up new avenues with regard to the concept of the pathogenesis of as well as the clinical attendance to this disease...
- Affective disorder subtyped by psychomotor symptoms, monoamine oxidase, melatonin and cortisol: identification of patients with latent bipolar disorderB Wahlund
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, , Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 248:215-24. 1998....
- The role of somatostatin (octreotide) in the regulation of melatonin secretion in healthy volunteers and in patients with primary hypothyroidismJ Wikner
Karolinska Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, Stockholm Soder Hospital, Sweden
J Endocrinol Invest 22:527-34. 1999....
- Melatonin secretion and excretion in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeJ Wikner
Karolinska Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, , Sweden
Sleep 20:1002-7. 1997..Neither MT secretion (MT AUC 1.68 vs. 1.56 nmol/l x h) nor urinary excretion of MT (0.122 vs. 0.108 nmol/9 h) changed significantly as a result of the CPAP treatment...
- Fenfluramine treatment of twenty children with autismG Ekman
Department of Psychiatry, Karolinska Institute, St Gorans Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 19:511-32. 1989..Serotonin decreased 53% after fenfluramine treatment and rebounded to a level 35% higher than baseline following a placebo period. Fenfluramine and the active metabolite norfenfluramine were determined in plasma samples...
- Seasonal and non-seasonal depression. A comparison of clinical characteristics in Swedish patientsB E Thalén
Karolinska Institute, Department of Psychiatry, St Goran s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:101-8. 1995..The clinical symptomatology has a low specificity compared to the seasonal pattern in diagnosing seasonal affective disorder according to DSM-III-R for seasonal and non-seasonal patterns...
- Somatostatin immunoreactive cells in lesional psoriatic human skin during peptide T treatmentO Johansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 74:106-9. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Quantitative detection of brain aberrations in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected individuals by magnetic resonance imagingA Sonnerborg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Roslagstull Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Infect Dis 162:1245-51. 1990..The occurrence of pronounced brain lesions seems to be associated with the presence of an advanced immunodeficiency...
- Clinical polydiagnostic studies in a large Swedish pedigree with schizophreniaL Wetterberg
Karolinska Institute, Department of Psychiatry, , Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 240:188-90. 1991..The hypothesis that the patients in the Swedish family complex differ from other phenotypes of schizophrenia must be refuted based on the data of the present study...