Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial effects of the mangrove tree Heritiera fomesHelle Wangensteen
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Nat Prod Commun 4:371-6. 2009..The bark extracts showed antibacterial activities against K. rhizophilia, S. aureus, B. subtilis and P. aeruginosa, as well. No toxicity was observed in the brine shrimp assay...
- Extracts, anthocyanins and procyanidins from Aronia melanocarpa as radical scavengers and enzyme inhibitorsMarie Bräunlich
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Nutrients 5:663-78. 2013..This study suggests that different polyphenolic compounds of A. melanocarpa can have beneficial effects in reducing blood glucose levels due to inhibition of α-glucosidase and may have a potential to alleviate oxidative stress...
- Can scientific evidence support using Bangladeshi traditional medicinal plants in the treatment of diarrhoea? A review on seven plantsHelle Wangensteen
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Nutrients 5:1757-800. 2013..The leaves of P. pinnata also show potential. We suggest these plants should be exploited further as possible traditional herbal remedies against diarrhoea including studies on efficacy, optimal dosage and safety...
- New labdane diterpenes from Solidago canadensisHelle Wangensteen
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Nat Prod Res 26:1348-54. 2012..The known labdane diterpenes deoxysolidagenone (1), solidagenone (2) and 15,16-epoxy-labdane-7,13-diene-6,15-dione (4) were also isolated. Chemical structures were determined using 1D and 2D NMR techniques and MS analysis...
- Identification of epoxybergamottin as a CYP3A4 inhibitor in grapefruit peelH Wangensteen
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068 Blindern, N 0316, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:663-8. 2003..Thus, the aim of this in vitro study was to identify CYP3A4 inhibitors in grapefruit peel...
- Rotenoids and isoflavones from Sarcolobus globosusHelle Wangensteen
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway
Planta Med 71:754-8. 2005..6,7-Dimethoxy-2,3-dihydrochromone has not previously been reported as a natural product...
- Antioxidant and 15-lipoxygenase inhibitory activity of rotenoids, isoflavones and phenolic glycosides from Sarcolobus globosusHelle Wangensteen
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Fitoterapia 77:290-5. 2006..globosus were evaluated for their DPPH radical scavenging and 15-lipoxygenase (15-LO) inhibitory activities. All tested rotenoids were found to inhibit 15-LO, while they lacked DPPH radical scavenging effect...