Affiliation: University of Bergen
- Factor analysis of the Autism Spectrum Screening QuestionnaireBritt Posserud
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, University of Bergen, Norway
Autism 12:99-112. 2008..This factor did not correlate highly with any of the SDQ subscales. The results indicated that the screening efficiency of ASSQ could be increased by closer examination of the individual profile of factor scores...
- The prevalence of autism spectrum disorders: impact of diagnostic instrument and non-response biasM Posserud
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Unifob Health, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009, Bergen, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:319-27. 2010..A large part of the variability in rates of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) across studies is non-aetiologic, and can be explained by differences in diagnostic criteria, case-finding method, and other issues of study design...
- Autistic features in a total population of 7-9-year-old children assessed by the ASSQ (Autism Spectrum Screening Questionnaire)Maj Britt Posserud
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, University of Bergen, Box 7800, 5020 Bergen, Norway
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:167-75. 2006..The present study assessed the distribution of autistic features in a total population of children 7-9 years of age, and explored the impact of age, gender, informant, and participation bias on symptom report...
- Validation of the autism spectrum screening questionnaire in a total population sampleMaj Britt Posserud
Department of Biological and Medical Psychology, Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, University of Bergen, Norway
J Autism Dev Disord 39:126-34. 2009..We found that the ASSQ was well suited as a general population screen. Combining parent and teacher ASSQ and using cut-off score of > or =17 provided the most efficient screen with sensitivity of 0.91 and specificity of 0.86...
- Psychiatric disorders in Norwegian 8- to 10-year-olds: an epidemiological survey of prevalence, risk factors, and service useEinar Heiervang
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, University of Bergen, Norway, and Division of Psychiatry, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:438-47. 2007..We present methods and results from the first wave of the study, focusing on prevalence of disorders, associations with risk factors, and the use of services...