Genomes and Genes
M P Oksvold
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Identification of 14-3-3zeta as an EGF receptor interacting proteinMorten P Oksvold
Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
FEBS Lett 569:207-10. 2004..Our finding adds to the growing complexity of EGF receptor signaling and indicates a role for 14-3-3 proteins in EGF receptor signaling or regulation...
- Re-localization of activated EGF receptor and its signal transducers to multivesicular compartments downstream of early endosomes in response to EGFM P Oksvold
Institute of Pathology, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Cell Biol 80:285-94. 2001..These results suggest that EGFR signaling is not spatially restricted to the plasma membrane, primary vesicles and early endosomes, but is continuing from late endocytic trafficking organelles maturing from early endosomes...
- UV-radiation-induced internalization of the epidermal growth factor receptor requires distinct serine and tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic carboxy-terminal domainMorten P Oksvold
School of Surgery Pathology, University of Western Australia, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Radiat Res 161:685-91. 2004..Our results suggest a mechanism for UV-radiation-induced internalization of EGFR involving a conformational change that is dependent on structural elements formed by specific serine and tyrosine residues in the carboxy-terminal domain...
- Serine mutations that abrogate ligand-induced ubiquitination and internalization of the EGF receptor do not affect c-Cbl association with the receptorMorten P Oksvold
Department of Pathology, University of Western Australia, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Center, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Oncogene 22:8509-18. 2003..Together, our data indicate that the serine residues and tyrosine 1045 are essential for EGF-induced receptor ubiquitination, but only the serine residues are critical for EGFR internalization and degradation...
- UV induces tyrosine kinase-independent internalisation and endosome arrest of the EGF receptorMorten P Oksvold
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Cell Sci 115:793-803. 2002..In addition, MAPK activation by UV does not appear to be mediated by EGFR activation...
- Fluorescent histochemical techniques for analysis of intracellular signalingMorten P Oksvold
Center for Cellular Stress Responses, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Histochem Cytochem 50:289-303. 2002..We present an overview of general signaling principles and a description of techniques based on fluorescent microscopy suited for studies of signaling mechanisms...
- Activation of the p53-p21(Cip1) pathway is required for CDK2 activation and S-phase entry in primary rat hepatocytesL Wierød
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Oncogene 27:2763-71. 2008..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that in normal hepatocytes, EGF-induced expression of p53 is involved in regulating CDK2- and CDK4 activity, through p21(Cip1) expression...
- Altered regulation of EGF receptor signaling following a partial hepatectomyE Skarpen
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Cell Physiol 202:707-16. 2005..This may be a pre-replicative competence event that increases growth factor effects during G1 progression...
- CDK2 regulation through PI3K and CDK4 is necessary for cell cycle progression of primary rat hepatocytesL Wierød
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Cell Prolif 40:475-87. 2007..It is an on-going discussion whether mammalian cells need both CDK4 and CDK2 kinase activities for induction of S phase...
- Distinct functions of H-Ras and K-Ras in proliferation and survival of primary hepatocytes due to selective activation of ERK and PI3KCarola M Rosseland
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, University of Oslo, Norway
J Cell Physiol 215:818-26. 2008..H-Ras was the major mediator of ERK-induced proliferation and survival, whereas H-Ras and K-Ras both mediated PI3K-induced survival...
- Cytoplasmic retention of peroxide-activated ERK provides survival in primary cultures of rat hepatocytesCarola M Rosseland
Laboratory for Toxicopathology, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Norway
Hepatology 42:200-7. 2005..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the HEPATOLOGY website (http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-9139/suppmat/index.html)...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor levels are reduced in mice with targeted disruption of the protein kinase A catalytic subunitMorten P Oksvold
Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
BMC Cell Biol 9:16. 2008..Cyclic-AMP-dependent protein kinase consists of a regulatory dimer bound to two catalytic subunits...
- Subtype-specific sorting of the ETA endothelin receptor by a novel endocytic recycling signal for G protein-coupled receptorsJoachim D Paasche
MSD Cardiovascular Research Center and Institute for Surgical Research, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Mol Pharmacol 67:1581-90. 2005..In conclusion, recycling of ET(A) receptor is mediated by a motif with the structural characteristics of an internal PDZ ligand. This structural motif may represent a more general principle of endocytic sorting of GPCRs...
- The Cbl-b RING finger domain has a limited role in regulating inflammatory cytokine production by IgE-activated mast cellsMorten P Oksvold
School of Surgery and Pathology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Mol Immunol 45:925-36. 2008..Thus the ability of Cbl-b to function as a negative regulator of FcvarepsilonRI signalling that promotes inflammatory cytokine production is largely independent of the RING finger domain...