E M Nilsen
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Gluten induces an intestinal cytokine response strongly dominated by interferon gamma in patients with celiac diseaseE M Nilsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Gastroenterology 115:551-63. 1998..Duodenal biopsy specimens from patients with celiac disease and histologically normal controls were investigated to see if cytokine expression is related to disease activity...
- Different regulatory pathways employed in cytokine-enhanced expression of secretory component and epithelial HLA class I genesE M Nilsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, The National Hospital, Norway
Eur J Immunol 29:168-79. 1999..Our observations in vitro likely parallel events in vivo by which activated mucosal T cells and macrophages enhance pIg receptor-mediated external transport of secretory IgA and IgM and up-regulate epithelial HLA expression...
- Cytokine profiles of cultured microvascular endothelial cells from the human intestineE M Nilsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology LIIPAT, University of Oslo, National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Gut 42:635-42. 1998....
- CD4+ T cells with specific reactivity against astrovirus isolated from normal human small intestineO Molberg
Institute of Transplantation Immunology, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Gastroenterology 114:115-22. 1998..Serum antibodies against astrovirus are prevalent, indicating frequent viral exposure and postinfectious induction of systemic immune responses. Mucosal immune responses may conceivably mediate protection on astroviral reinfections...
- Regional specialization in the mucosal immune system: what happens in the microcompartments?P Brandtzaeg
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology LIIPAT, University of Oslo, National Hospital, Norway
Immunol Today 20:141-51. 1999..Here, Per Brandtzaeg and colleagues discuss compartmentalized regulation of mucosal B cells and mechanisms that might explain the strikingly regionalized effector disparity of the human mucosal immune system...
- Oats induced villous atrophy in coeliac diseaseK E A Lundin
Department of Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Gut 52:1649-52. 2003..Five of the patients showed positive levels of interferon gamma mRNA after challenge. Some concerns therefore remain with respect to the safety of oats for coeliacs...