B N Kumar
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Ethnic differences in obesity among immigrants from developing countries, in Oslo, NorwayB N Kumar
Section of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Department of Community Medicine and General Practice, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:684-90. 2006..To compare ethnic and gender differences in generalized and central obesity and to investigate whether these differences persisted after adjusting for socio-demographic and lifestyle factors...
- Comparison of cardiovascular risk factors between Sri Lankans living in Kandy and OsloSampath U B Tennakoon
Department of General Practice and Community Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 10:654. 2010..The purpose of this study was to compare selected cardiovascular risk factors between migrant Sri Lankans living in Oslo, Norway and Urban dwellers from Kandy, Sri Lanka...
- Self reported skin morbidity and ethnicity: a population-based study in a Western communityFlorence Dalgard
Institute of General Practice and Community Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
BMC Dermatol 7:4. 2007..Little is known about ethnic differences in skin morbidity. The purpose of this study was to describe possible ethnic differences in self-reported skin morbidity in a Western urban community...
- Ethnic differences in body mass index and associated factors of adolescents from minorities in Oslo, Norway: a cross-sectional studyB N Kumar
Section of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Department Group for Community Medicine and General Practice, University of Oslo, Norway
Public Health Nutr 7:999-1008. 2004..To examine ethnic differences in body mass index (BMI), food habits and physical activity, and determine the factors contributing to differences in BMI...
- Assessing social differences in overweight among 15- to 16-year-old ethnic Norwegians from Oslo by register data and adolescent self-reported measures of socio-economic statusN Lien
Department of Nutrition, University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:30-8. 2007..To determine to what extent self-reported and objective data on socio-economic status (SES) are associated with overweight/obesity among 15 to 16-year-old ethnic Norwegians...
- Socio-demographic differences in food habits and preferences of school adolescents in Jiangsu Province, ChinaZ Shi
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Jiangsu Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1439-48. 2005..To identify the differences in food habits and preferences among the adolescents according to socio-demographic characteristics...