Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Overrepresentation of transcription factor families in the genesets underlying breast cancer subtypesHimanshu Joshi
Department of Clinical Molecular Biology and Laboratory Sciences EpiGen, Division of Medicine, Akershus University Hospital, Lorenskog, Norway
BMC Genomics 13:199. 2012..The mRNA expression of 552 genes, which varied considerably among the different tumors, but little between two samples of the same tumor, has been shown to be sufficient to separate these tumor subgroups...
- Frequent aberrant DNA methylation of ABCB1, FOXC1, PPP2R2B and PTEN in ductal carcinoma in situ and early invasive breast cancerAslaug Aa Muggerud
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet, Montebello, Oslo, N 0310, Norway
Breast Cancer Res 12:R3. 2010....
- Genotypes and haplotypes in the insulin-like growth factors, their receptors and binding proteins in relation to plasma metabolic levels and mammographic densityMargarethe Biong
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet, Montebello 0310, Oslo, Norway
BMC Med Genomics 3:9. 2010..The associations between genetic polymorphisms in genes from the IGF pathway on mammographic density and circulating levels of IGF1, its binding protein IGFBP3, and their ratio in postmenopausal women are reported here...
- Expression of BMI-1 and Mel-18 in breast tissue--a diagnostic marker in patients with breast cancerMargit L H Riis
Department of Clinical Molecular Biology, EpiGen, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Akershus University Hospital, University of Oslo, Lørenskog, Norway
BMC Cancer 10:686. 2010..Our study compares the expression of the two genes in normal breast epithelium of cancer patients and relates it to the level of expression in the corresponding tumors as well as in breast epithelium of healthy women...
- Linear and non-linear dependencies between copy number aberrations and mRNA expression reveal distinct molecular pathways in breast cancerHiroko K Solvang
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, Radiumhospitalet, Montebello, and Department of Biostatistics, Institute of Basic Medical Science, University of Oslo, 0310 Oslo, Norway
BMC Bioinformatics 12:197. 2011..Here, we propose a statistical approach to investigate and distinguish between linear and nonlinear dependences between DNA copy number alteration and mRNA expression...
- The epigenetics of breast cancerJovana Jovanovic
Department for Clinical Molecular Biology EpiGen, Institute for Clinical Medicine, Akershus University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Mol Oncol 4:242-54. 2010..In this review we will describe the various aspects of epigenetics and in particular DNA methylation in breast carcinogenesis and their potential application for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment decision...
- Pharmacokinetic analysis of two different docetaxel dose levels in patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with docetaxel as monotherapy or with concurrent radiotherapyPaal F R Brunsvig
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 7:197. 2007..We examined the pharmacokinetics of weekly docetaxel when administered with concurrent radiotherapy and compared the results with a 3-weekly 100 mg/m2 regimen...
- Mutations for the peopleVessela Kristensen
Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
EMBO Mol Med 2:143-5. 2010....
- Methylation profiling with a panel of cancer related genes: association with estrogen receptor, TP53 mutation status and expression subtypes in sporadic breast cancerJo Anders Rønneberg
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Mol Oncol 5:61-76. 2011..Some of the transcription factors identified, with key roles in differentiation and development might play a role in inducing and maintaining the different phenotypes...