Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Risk factors for preoperative and postoperative delirium in elderly patients with hip fractureVibeke Juliebø
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Nursing Unit, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1354-61. 2009..To evaluate risk factors for preoperative and postoperative delirium...
- Medical treatment predicts mortality after hip fractureVibeke Juliebø
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevaal, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:442-9. 2010..The mortality after hip fracture has remained high and stable the past 50 years despite improved surgical treatment. The aim of this study was to identify medications and medical factors associated with mortality after hip fracture...
- Delirium is not associated with mortality in elderly hip fracture patientsVibeke Juliebø
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal, Oslo, Norway
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 30:112-20. 2010..The aims of this study were to investigate the effect of delirium and the interaction between delirium and chronic cognitive impairment on mortality in elderly hip fracture patients...
- Delirium is an important predictor of incident dementia among elderly hip fracture patientsMaria Krogseth
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 31:63-70. 2011..Delirium is believed to constitute a risk factor for dementia, but previous research has failed to satisfactorily take account of the patients' preexisting level of cognitive functioning...
- The effect of a pre- and post-operative orthogeriatric service on cognitive function in patients with hip fracture. The protocol of the Oslo Orthogeriatrics TrialTorgeir Bruun Wyller
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BMC Geriatr 12:36. 2012..Thus, the aim of Oslo Orthogeriatric Trial, is to assess whether combined preoperative and postoperative orthogeriatric care can reduce the incidence of delirium and improve cognition following hip fracture...
- Delirium is a risk factor for institutionalization and functional decline in older hip fracture patientsMaria Krogseth
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Norway Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 76:68-74. 2014..The risk of institutionalization and functional decline is substantial after a hip fracture. However, previous research has not established the extent to which delirium plays a contributory role...