Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Nonresponse to a population-based postdisaster postal questionnaire studyAjmal Hussain
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Trauma Stress 22:324-8. 2009..2%), and "too personal or emotionally disturbing" (15.2%). Our findings suggest that postdisaster studies may be biased in the direction of more severe disaster exposure and pronounced posttraumatic stress reactions...
- Psychiatric disorders and functional impairment among disaster victims after exposure to a natural disaster: a population based studyAjmal Hussain
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, Kirkeveien 166, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Affect Disord 128:135-41. 2011..We aimed to examine psychiatric morbidity and functional impairment after a natural disaster...
- Changes in religious beliefs and the relation of religiosity to posttraumatic stress and life satisfaction after a natural disasterAjmal Hussain
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, Oslo, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:1027-32. 2011..To study changes in religious beliefs and predictors of such changes in a community sample exposed to a natural disaster, and to investigate whether religiosity was linked to post-disaster mental distress or life satisfaction...
- Posttraumatic stress and symptom improvement in Norwegian tourists exposed to the 2004 tsunami--a longitudinal studyAjmal Hussain
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, University of Oslo, Postboks 181, Nydalen, Oslo 0409, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 13:232. 2013..This study aimed to identify predictors of 6 months post-disaster stress symptoms and to study 6 months and 24 months course of symptoms among Norwegian tourists who experienced the 2004 tsunami...
- Family structure and posttraumatic stress reactions: a longitudinal study using multilevel analysesEgil Nygaard
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, Kirkeveien 166, Building 48, 0407 Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 11:195. 2011..We longitudinally studied the effects of marital and parental statuses on posttraumatic stress reactions after the 2004 Southeast Asian tsunami and whether persons in the same households had more shared stress reactions than others...
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders and functional impairment after loss of a family member: a longitudinal study after the 2004 tsunamiPål Kristensen
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies NKVTS, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway Department for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Telemark Hospital, Skien, Norway
Depress Anxiety 32:49-56. 2015..Bereavement following disasters is a devastating experience for family members. The aim of this study was to examine the long-term mental health effects of losing a loved one in a natural disaster...
- Brief measure of posttraumatic stress reactions: impact of Event Scale-6Siri Thoresen
Norwegian Centre for Violence and Traumatic Stress Studies, Kirkeveien 166, 0407, Oslo, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:405-12. 2010..The aim of this study was to develop and validate an abbreviated version of the IES-R that could capture the three current symptom clusters of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...