Stig Ove Hjelmevoll
Affiliation: University Hospital of North Norway
- Appropriate time for test-of-cure when diagnosing gonorrhoea with a nucleic acid amplification testStig Ove Hjelmevoll
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, University Hospital of North Norway, NO 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 92:316-9. 2012..Thus, the recommended empirical treatment with ciprofloxacin in Norway should be changed immediately. TOC can be performed 2 weeks after treatment when NAATs are used for diagnosis of gonorrhoea...
- Phenotypic and genotypic properties of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates in Norway in 2009: antimicrobial resistance warrants an immediate change in national management guidelinesS O Hjelmevoll
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, University Hospital of North Norway, P O Box 56, 9038, Tromsø, Norway
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:1181-6. 2012..gonorrhoeae strains circulating in Norway were highly diverse. The level of ciprofloxacin resistance was high and the Norwegian management guidelines should promptly exclude ciprofloxacin as an empirical treatment option for gonorrhea...
- Comparing urine samples and cervical swabs for Chlamydia testing in a female population by means of Strand Displacement Assay (SDA)Siren Haugland
Department of Public Health, University of Bergen, Norway
BMC Womens Health 10:9. 2010..Urine samples may be particularly important in screening young people who are asymptomatic...
- A fast real-time polymerase chain reaction method for sensitive and specific detection of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae porA pseudogeneStig Ove Hjelmevoll
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, University Hospital of North Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
J Mol Diagn 8:574-81. 2006..In conclusion, the N. gonorrhoeae porA pseudogene real-time PCR developed in the present study is highly sensitive, specific, robust, rapid and reproducible, making it suitable for diagnosis of N. gonorrhoeae infection...
- Clinical validation of a real-time polymerase chain reaction detection of Neisseria gonorrheae porA pseudogene versus culture techniquesStig Ove Hjelmevoll
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Sex Transm Dis 35:517-20. 2008..This study was conducted to clinically validate a previously published real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method targeting the porA pseudogene in N. gonorrheae in comparison to culture techniques...