Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Sex-related differences in the relationship between acceleromyographic adductor pollicis train-of-four ratio and clinical manifestations of residual neuromuscular block: a study in healthy volunteers during near steady-state infusion of mivacuriumT Heier
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Br J Anaesth 108:444-51. 2012..We determined if sex-related differences exist in the relationship between adductor pollicis (AP) TOF ratio and measures of neuromuscular function commonly used to assess recovery from neuromuscular block...
- [Muscle relaxants]Tom Heier
Avdeling for anestesi, Oslo universitetssykehus, Aker 0514 Oslo, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 130:398-401. 2010..The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of the history of muscle relaxants, their mode of action and their role in current anaesthetic practice...
- Relationship between normalized adductor pollicis train-of-four ratio and manifestations of residual neuromuscular block: a study using acceleromyography during near steady-state concentrations of mivacuriumTom Heier
Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Anesthesiology 113:825-32. 2010..Thus, normalization of acceleromyography data is necessary. The relationship between normalized acceleromyographic TOF ratio, lung volumes, and clinical signs of residual neuromuscular block was studied...
- The influence of mild hypothermia on the pharmacokinetics and time course of action of neostigmine in anesthetized volunteersTom Heier
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0648, USA
Anesthesiology 97:90-5. 2002..The pharmacokinetics, maximum effect, and time course of action of neostigmine were studied in seven human volunteers...
- Impact of hypothermia on the response to neuromuscular blocking drugsTom Heier
Department of Anesthesia, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Anesthesiology 104:1070-80. 2006..The efficacy of neostigmine is maintained during mild hypothermia. The use of a nerve stimulator is strongly recommended to monitor the effect of neuromuscular blocking drugs during intraoperative hypothermia...
- Efficacy of tactile-guided reversal from cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular blockHans Kirkegaard
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Anesthesiology 96:45-50. 2002..Because tactile evaluation is the most common form of clinical neuromuscular monitoring, this study examines the relative efficacy of antagonizing residual block at different levels of recovery of the tactile train-of-four (TOF) response...