Genomes and Genes
Unn Kristin Haukvik
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Cerebral cortical thickness and a history of obstetric complications in schizophreniaUnn Kristin Haukvik
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, P O Box 85 Vinderen, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
J Psychiatr Res 43:1287-93. 2009....
- [Do obstetric complications increase the risk of schizophrenia?]Unn Kristin Haukvik
Institutt for psykiatri, Universitetet i Oslo, Postboks 85 Vinderen, 0319 Oslo, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 130:270-2. 2010..The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of research on obstetric complications as risk factors for schizophrenia...
- In vivo hippocampal subfield volumes in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderUnn K Haukvik
Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research K G Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of, Oslo, Norway Department of Psychiatric Research, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 77:581-8. 2015..The hippocampus consists of anatomically distinct subfields. We investigated to determine whether in vivo volumes of hippocampal subfields differ between clinical groups and healthy control subjects...
- Pre- and perinatal hypoxia associated with hippocampus/amygdala volume in bipolar disorderU K Haukvik
Department of Psychiatric Research, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Psychol Med 44:975-85. 2014..Hypoxia-related obstetric complications (OCs) are associated with brain anatomical abnormalities in schizophrenia, but their association with brain anatomy variation in bipolar disorder is unknown...
- Normal birth weight variation is related to cortical morphology across the psychosis spectrumUnn K Haukvik
To whom correspondence should be addressed PO Box 85 Vinderen, 0319 Oslo, Norway tel 47 22029800, fax 47 22495862, E mail
Schizophr Bull 40:410-9. 2014..Brain cortical anatomy is altered in psychotic disorders and in low birth weight subjects, but if birth weight variation relates to cortical morphology across the psychosis spectrum is not known...
- Schizophrenia--what does structural MRI show?Unn Kristin Haukvik
K G Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 133:850-3. 2013..Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder that affects several brain functions. MRI technology has enabled in vivo studies of brain anatomy in patients with schizophrenia aimed at understanding more about the disorder...
- Cortical folding in Broca's area relates to obstetric complications in schizophrenia patients and healthy controlsU K Haukvik
Department of Clinical Medicine, section Vinderen, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Psychol Med 42:1329-37. 2012....
- An exploratory model for G x E interaction on hippocampal volume in schizophrenia; obstetric complications and hypoxia-related genesUnn Kristin Haukvik
Department of Clinical Medicine, section Vinderen, University of Oslo, Norway
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:1259-65. 2010....
- No effect of obstetric complications on basal ganglia volumes in schizophreniaUnn Kristin Haukvik
Institute of Psychiatry, section Vinderen, University of Oslo, P O Box 85 Vinderen, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:619-23. 2010..This is the first study to explore if there is a relationship between OCs and basal ganglia volume in schizophrenia...
- Association between altered brain morphology and elevated peripheral endothelial markers - Implications for psychotic disordersIngrid Dieset
KG Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital and Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Schizophr Res 161:222-8. 2015..We aimed to identify associations between markers of inflammatory and endothelial activation and structural brain variation in psychotic disorders...
- One year follow-up of alcohol and illicit substance use in first-episode psychosis: does gender matter?Elisabeth Heffermehl Lange
KG Jebsen Centre for Psychosis Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Psychiatry Section, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway Department of Psychiatric Research, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 55:274-82. 2014..Female FEP patients who are also substance users may be particularly vulnerable in this regard and warrant closer attention. ..