Affiliation: University of Bergen
- Assessment of lung volumes in children and adolescents: comparison of two plethysmographic techniquesThomas Halvorsen
Department of Paediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital and Institute for Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 25:62-8. 2005..The single inspiratory effort technique can be used as an alternative if the panting technique fails...
- Characteristics of asthma and airway hyper-responsiveness after premature birthThomas Halvorsen
Department of Clinical Medicine, Section of Pediatrics, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:487-94. 2005..These respiratory manifestations thus seem to represent a separate clinical entity...
- Better care of immature infants; has it influenced long-term pulmonary outcome?Thomas Halvorsen
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Acta Paediatr 95:547-54. 2006....
- Aerobic capacity and exercise performance in young people born extremely pretermHege Clemm
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021, Bergen, Norway
Pediatrics 129:e97-e105. 2012..Potential cohort effects were assessed by studying subjects born in different decades...
- Surgical treatment of exercise-induced laryngeal dysfunctionRobert C Maat
Department of Otolaryngology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:401-7. 2007..The ES procedure is an efficient surgical treatment for exercise-induced laryngeal supraglottic obstruction and the CLE-test eases the selection of patients for surgery and facilitates the evaluation of treatment effects...
- Health related quality of life after extremely preterm birth: a matched controlled cohort studyBente J Vederhus
Department of Paediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:53. 2010..Furthermore, we assessed HRQoL in relation to perinatal and neonatal morbidity and to current clinical and sociodemographic characteristics...
- Left vocal cord paralysis after extreme preterm birth, a new clinical scenario in adultsOla Drange Røksund
Haukeland University Hospital, Department of Paediatrics, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Pediatrics 126:e1569-77. 2010....
- Lung function after preterm birth: development from mid-childhood to adulthoodMaria Vollsæter
Department of Clinical Science, Section for Pediatrics, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Thorax 68:767-76. 2013..As a result of advances in perinatal care, more small preterm infants survive. There are concerns that preterm birth and its treatments may harm pulmonary development and thereby lead to chronic airway obstruction in adulthood...
- Pain tolerance and pain perception in adolescents born extremely pretermBente Johanne Vederhus
Department of Paediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Pain 13:978-87. 2012..Subjective pain ratings during the cold pressor task as well as health-related complaints and pain issues reported in the questionnaires were similar in the preterm and term groups...
- Emergency presentation and management of acute severe asthma in childrenKnut Øymar
Department of Paediatrics, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:40. 2009..It is important that relevant treatment algorithms exist, applicable to all levels of the treatment chain and reflecting local considerations and circumstances...
- Laryngeal movements during inspiratory muscle training in healthy subjectsAstrid Sandnes
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
J Voice 27:448-53. 2013..Before launching a treatment protocol in patients with VCD, we aimed to substantiate this theory by performing laryngoscopy in healthy subjects during standardized IMT programs...
- Continuous laryngoscopy exercise test: a method for visualizing laryngeal dysfunction during exerciseJohn Helge Heimdal
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Laryngoscope 116:52-7. 2006..To assess the diagnostic feasibility and patient acceptance of a new developed diagnostic test for exercise induced upper airway flow limitation...
- High-resolution CT of the chest in children and young adults who were born prematurely: findings in a population-based studyStein Magnus Aukland
Department of Radiology, Section of Paediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:1012-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to use a scoring system for high-resolution CT in the evaluation of radiologic findings in young people born extremely preterm and to examine the reproducibility of this scoring system...