Jon A Halvorsen
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Itch and pain in adolescents are associated with suicidal ideation: a population-based cross-sectional studyJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Faculty of Medicine, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 92:543-6. 2012..8, 95% CI 2.6-5.7). The findings were similar and statistically significant in girls and boys separately. Itch and pain are approximately equally strongly associated with suicidal ideation in a large general population of adolescents...
- Comparison of self-reported skin complaints with objective skin signs among adolescentsJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology and Faculty of Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 88:573-7. 2008..29-0.93. When using the dermatologist's findings as gold standard, the sensitivity and specificity were best for "signs of acne", 93% and 43%, respectively...
- Itch and mental distress: a cross-sectional study among late adolescentsJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 89:39-44. 2009..Mental distress and eczema are the variables in the study that contributes most to the distribution of itch at population level among adolescents in Oslo, Norway...
- Is the association between acne and mental distress influenced by diet? Results from a cross-sectional population study among 3775 late adolescents in Oslo, NorwayJon A Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 9:340. 2009..The objective of this study is to investigate the association between acne and mental distress and to explore a possible influence of dietary factors on the relation...
- Suicidal ideation, mental health problems, and social impairment are increased in adolescents with acne: a population-based studyJon A Halvorsen
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 131:363-70. 2011..Adverse events including suicidal ideation and depression that have been associated with therapies for acne may reflect the burden of substantial acne rather than the effects of medication...