Jon A Halvorsen
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Itch and pain in adolescents are associated with suicidal ideation: a population-based cross-sectional studyJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Faculty of Medicine, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 92:543-6. 2012..8, 95% CI 2.6-5.7). The findings were similar and statistically significant in girls and boys separately. Itch and pain are approximately equally strongly associated with suicidal ideation in a large general population of adolescents...
- Comparison of self-reported skin complaints with objective skin signs among adolescentsJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology and Faculty of Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 88:573-7. 2008..29-0.93. When using the dermatologist's findings as gold standard, the sensitivity and specificity were best for "signs of acne", 93% and 43%, respectively...
- Itch and mental distress: a cross-sectional study among late adolescentsJon Anders Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Acta Derm Venereol 89:39-44. 2009..Mental distress and eczema are the variables in the study that contributes most to the distribution of itch at population level among adolescents in Oslo, Norway...
- Is the association between acne and mental distress influenced by diet? Results from a cross-sectional population study among 3775 late adolescents in Oslo, NorwayJon A Halvorsen
Department of Dermatology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 9:340. 2009..The objective of this study is to investigate the association between acne and mental distress and to explore a possible influence of dietary factors on the relation...
- Suicidal ideation, mental health problems, and social impairment are increased in adolescents with acne: a population-based studyJon A Halvorsen
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 131:363-70. 2011..Adverse events including suicidal ideation and depression that have been associated with therapies for acne may reflect the burden of substantial acne rather than the effects of medication...
- Parental divorce in late adolescence does not seem to increase mental health problems: a population study from NorwayHenok Zeratsion
Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, Box 1130, Blindern, Oslo 0318, Norway
BMC Public Health 13:413. 2013..Former studies have shown increased mental health problems in adolescents after parental divorce all over the Western world. We wanted to see if that still is the case in Norway today when divorce turns to be more and more common...