Inger T Gram
Affiliation: University of Troms
- Genotypes and haplotypes in the insulin-like growth factors, their receptors and binding proteins in relation to plasma metabolic levels and mammographic densityMargarethe Biong
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet, Montebello 0310, Oslo, Norway
BMC Med Genomics 3:9. 2010..The associations between genetic polymorphisms in genes from the IGF pathway on mammographic density and circulating levels of IGF1, its binding protein IGFBP3, and their ratio in postmenopausal women are reported here...
- Breast cancer risk among women who start smoking as teenagersInger T Gram
Inger T Gram, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromso, N 9037 Tromso, Norway
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:61-6. 2005..To examine the effect of smoking on breast cancer risk in a large population-based cohort of women, many of whom started smoking as teenagers...
- Percentage density, Wolfe's and Tabár's mammographic patterns: agreement and association with risk factors for breast cancerInger T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Breivika, Norway
Breast Cancer Res 7:R854-61. 2005..The purpose of this report was to classify mammograms according to four methods and to examine their agreement and their relationship to selected risk factors for breast cancer...
- Cigarette smoking and risk of colorectal cancer among Norwegian womenInger T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Breivika, Tromsø N 9037 Norway
Cancer Causes Control 20:895-903. 2009..In 2002, Norwegian women had the second highest incidence of CRC in the world. A large proportion of Norwegian women are ever smokers. We examined the association between cigarette smoking and CRC incidence among Norwegian women...
- Breast cancer screening programme as setting for an adjunct research project: effect on programme attendanceInger T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Breivika N 9037, Norway
J Med Screen 15:44-5. 2008..09). Our trial finds no effect on the high attendance to the breast cancer screening programme indicating that cancer screening programmes might be suitable settings for adjunct research projects...
- Cigarette smoking and risk of borderline and invasive epithelial ovarian cancerInger T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Breivika N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Int J Cancer 122:647-52. 2008..05). In conclusion, smoking may increase the risk of borderline EOC...
- Different measures of smoking exposure and mammographic density in postmenopausal Norwegian women: a cross-sectional studyYngve Bremnes
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Breast Cancer Res 9:R73. 2007..Cigarette smoking may have both carcinogenic effects and antiestrogenic effects on the breast tissue. We decided to examine the relationship between different measures of smoking exposure and mammographic density...
- Endogenous sex hormones, prolactin and mammographic density in postmenopausal Norwegian womenYngve Bremnes
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Int J Cancer 121:2506-11. 2007..Further, the authors found a positive but weak association between plasma estrone concentration and mammographic density, which appeared to be modified by IGF-I levels...
- The increased risk of colon cancer due to cigarette smoking may be greater in women than menRanjan Parajuli
Department of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:862-71. 2013..We wanted to explore the hypothesis that women may be more susceptible to smoking-attributed colon cancer than men as one of the possible explanations for the high colon cancer risk of Norwegian women...
- Cigarette smoking and risk of histological subtypes of epithelial ovarian cancer in the EPIC cohort studyInger T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Int J Cancer 130:2204-10. 2012..18 (95% CI 1.07-4.43)]. The results from the EPIC study add further evidence that smoking increases risk of mucinous ovarian cancer and support the notion that the effect of smoking varies according to histological subtype...
- Insulin-like growth factor and mammographic density in postmenopausal Norwegian womenYngve Bremnes
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:57-62. 2007..These associations were found among noncurrent hormone therapy users but not among current users...
- Plasma levels of leptin and mammographic density among postmenopausal women: a cross-sectional studyAnne Stuedal
Department of Nutrition, University of Oslo, Norway
Breast Cancer Res 8:R55. 2006..Leptin is a protein produced mainly by adipose tissue and may represent a growth factor in cancer. We examined the association between leptin plasma levels and mammographic density, a biomarker for breast cancer risk...
- Risk of endometrial cancer in relationship to cigarette smoking: results from the EPIC studyMustafa Al-Zoughool
Nutrition and Hormones Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 121:2741-7. 2007..The reduction of endometrial cancer risk observed among postmenopausal women does not have direct public health relevance since cigarette smoking is the main known risk factor for cancer...
- Fruit and vegetable consumption and lung cancer risk: updated information from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Jakob Linseisen
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Centre, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 121:1103-14. 2007..In addition to an overall inverse association with fruit intake, the results of this evaluation add evidence for a significant inverse association of vegetable consumption and lung cancer incidence in smokers...
- No association of consumption of animal foods with risk of ovarian cancerMandy Schulz
Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition, Potsdam Rehbrucke, Arthur Schneunert Allee 114 116, 14558 Nuthetal, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:852-5. 2007
- Meta- and pooled analyses of the cytochrome P-450 1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer: a HuGE-GSEC reviewValentina Paracchini
Scientific Direction, Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Am J Epidemiol 165:115-25. 2007..The observed effect of age on the association in Caucasians indicates that further studies are needed on the role of CYP1B1 Val432Leu in estrogen metabolism according to age, ethnicity, and menopausal status...
- Fruit and vegetable consumption and risk of epithelial ovarian cancer: the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and NutritionMandy Schulz
German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbrucke, Arthur Scheunert Allee 114 116, 14458 Nuthetal, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2531-5. 2005..The association between consumption of fruit and vegetables and risk of ovarian cancer is still unclear from a prospective point of view...