Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Involvement of plasmacytoid dendritic cells in human diseasesFrode L Jahnsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Hum Immunol 63:1201-5. 2002....
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells (natural interferon- alpha/beta-producing cells) accumulate in cutaneous lupus erythematosus lesionsL Farkas
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Am J Pathol 159:237-43. 2001..Together, our findings suggested that P-DCs are an important source of IFN-alpha/beta in cutaneous LE lesions and may therefore be of pathogenic importance...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells activate allergen-specific TH2 memory cells: modulation by CpG oligodeoxynucleotidesLorant Farkas
Section for Immune Regulation and Allergy, LIIPAT, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Norway
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:436-43. 2004..CpG oligodeoxynucleotides, potent adjuvants in immunotherapeutic strategies in animal models, are especially effective at activating PDCs. These cells are therefore potential targets for immunomodulation in humans...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells induce a distinct cytokine pattern in virus-specific CD4+ memory T cells that is modulated by CpG oligodeoxynucleotidesL Farkas
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology LIIPAT, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Immunol 64:404-11. 2006....
- Experimentally induced recruitment of plasmacytoid (CD123high) dendritic cells in human nasal allergyF L Jahnsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Norway
J Immunol 165:4062-8. 2000..Together, our findings suggested that P-DCs are involved in the triggering of airway allergy and that they are directed to allergic lesions by adhesion molecules that normally mediate leukocyte extravasation in organized lymphoid tissue...
- Depletion of CD4+CD25+CD127lo regulatory T cells does not increase allergen-driven T cell activationI Skrindo
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Clin Exp Allergy 38:1752-9. 2008..Recently, it was shown that conventional T cells expressed high levels of CD127, whereas regulatory T cells were CD127(lo), allowing discrimination between these distinct T cell subpopulations...
- Plasmacytoid DCs regulate recall responses by rapid induction of IL-10 in memory T cellsEspen O Kvale
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Blood 109:3369-76. 2007..Our results show that DCs can regulate memory responses and that PDCs rapidly induce regulatory cytokines in effector T cells that can suppress bystander activity...
- CD11c+ dendritic cells and plasmacytoid DCs are activated by human cytomegalovirus and retain efficient T cell-stimulatory capability upon infectionEspen Ø Kvale
Institute of Immunology, Oslo, Norway
Blood 107:2022-9. 2006..The results show that HCMV activates the immune system by interacting with CD11c+ DCs and PDCs and that recipients of renal transplants have low frequencies of these cell types in blood...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: all roads lead to type I interferonsVirginia Pascual
Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, 3434 Live Oak Street, Suite 205, Dallas, TX 75204, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 18:676-82. 2006..This novel information is leading to the development of IFN antagonists as a potential therapeutic intervention in SLE, thus bringing hope to SLE patients...