Erik Fink Eriksen
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Cellular mechanisms of bone remodelingErik Fink Eriksen
Department of Clinical Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, Trondheimsveien 235, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 11:219-27. 2010..The dominant pathway regulating osteoclast recruitment is the RANKL/OPG system, while many different factors (RUNX, Osterix) are involved in osteoblast differentiation. Both pathways are modulated by calcitropic hormones...
- Literature review: The effects of teriparatide therapy at the hip in patients with osteoporosisErik F Eriksen
Department of Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Pb 49596 Nydalen, N 0424 Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Bone 67:246-56. 2014..Taken together, this body of evidence suggests that teriparatide positively affects the hip in patients with osteoporosis. ..
- Update on long-term treatment with bisphosphonates for postmenopausal osteoporosis: a systematic reviewErik F Eriksen
Department of Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Bone 58:126-35. 2014....
- Bone mass, bone markers and prevalence of fractures in adults with osteogenesis imperfectaLena Lande Wekre
TRS National Resource Centre for Rare Disorders, Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital, Nesoddtangen, Norway
Arch Osteoporos 6:31-8. 2011..We found a surprising low prevalence (10%) of osteoporosis. These patients, however, expressed the most severe disease...
- New developments in the treatment of osteoporosisErik Fink Eriksen
Department of Clinical Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 92:620-36. 2013..Owing to cost and the need for parenteral administration, in most countries these agents are reserved for severe osteoporosis with multiple fractures...
- Treatment of osteopeniaErik Fink Eriksen
Department of Clinical Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, Trondheimsveien 235, 0514, Oslo, Norway
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 13:209-23. 2012....
- Hormone replacement therapy or SERMS in the long term treatment of osteoporosisE F Eriksen
Department of Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Minerva Ginecol 64:207-21. 2012....
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha agonist fenofibrate maintains bone mass, while the PPAR gamma agonist pioglitazone exaggerates bone loss, in ovariectomized ratsAstrid K Stunes
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Endocr Disord 11:11. 2011..abstract:..
- Bone turnover and metabolism in patients with early multiple sclerosis and prevalent bone mass deficit: a population-based case-control studyStine Marit Moen
Department of Neurology, Oslo University Hospital Ulleval, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e45703. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore the mechanism of the low bone mass in early-stage MS patients...
- Bone marrow lesions: a universal bone response to injury?Erik Fink Eriksen
Department of Endocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, P O Box 4956 Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Rheumatol Int 32:575-84. 2012..We also try to pair this hypothesis with the apparent beneficial effects of various treatment regimens, mainly within the group of bone antiresorptive drugs (calcitonin, bisphosphonates) on symptoms associated with BMLs...