Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Emergency department patient characteristics: Potential impact on emergency medicine residency programs in the NetherlandsJolande Elshove-Bolk
Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Emerg Med 13:325-9. 2006..We set out to study emergency department patient characteristics at a busy level-2 trauma center, to gain insight into the practise of emergency medicine, which is not yet recognized as a specialty in the Netherlands...
- Validation of the Emergency Severity Index (ESI) in self-referred patients in a European emergency departmentJolande Elshove-Bolk
Department of Anaesthesiology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen N 5021, Norway
Emerg Med J 24:170-4. 2007..To validate the Emergency Severity Index (ESI) triage algorithm in predicting resource consumption and disposition by self-referred patients in a European emergency department...
- In-hospital resuscitation of the elderly: characteristics and outcomeJolande Elshove-Bolk
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Resuscitation 74:372-6. 2007..To determine the characteristics of the geriatric patient population subjected to resuscitation attempts at a 1000-bed university hospital and to determine factors associated with mortality and outcome after in-hospital CPR...
- Logistics and outcome in urgent and emergency colorectal surgeryJ Elshove-Bolk
Department of Anaesthesia, Kongsberg Hospital, Vestre Viken HF, Kongsberg, Norway
Colorectal Dis 12:e255-9. 2010..We studied patient, procedure, physician and infrastructure characteristics and their effect on outcome at a Norwegian University hospital...
- A description of emergency department-related malpractice claims in The Netherlands: closed claims study 1993-2001Jolande Elshove-Bolk
Emergency Department, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Postbus 95500, 1090 HM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Emerg Med 11:247-50. 2004..Residents were involved in the majority of the claims. More resident supervision is needed, as are specific training programmes for emergency physicians...