Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavarin in HCV infection with genotype 2 or 3 for 14 weeks: a pilot studyOlav Dalgard
Department of Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 40:1260-5. 2004..The results need to be confirmed in a randomized, controlled study before this treatment approach can be recommended, particularly for patients with genotype 3 and high viral load or severe fibrosis...
- Pegylated interferon alfa and ribavirin for 14 versus 24 weeks in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3 and rapid virological responseOlav Dalgard
Infectious Disease Department, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 47:35-42. 2008....
- IL28B genetic variation and treatment response in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 3 infectionAmir Moghaddam
Furst Medisinsk Laboratorium, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 53:746-54. 2011..018; rs8099917, not significant) and high alanine aminotransferase (ALT, rs12979860, P = 0.002; rs8099917, P = 0.001), in addition to a high baseline viral load (rs12979860, P = 1.4 × 10(-5) ; rs8099917, P = 7.3 × 10(-6) )...
- Follow-up studies of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection among injection drug usersOlav Dalgard
Unit of Hepatology, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Infect Dis 40:S336-8. 2005..It has not been determined whether any of these cases were actual reinfections. Available data suggest that the rate of long-term response to treatment for HCV infection is excellent in IDUs...
- Short-term therapy for patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3 infectionOlav Dalgard
Department of Microbiology Ullevål University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Drugs 66:1807-15. 2006..For patients with genotype 3, a univocal recommendation on treatment duration cannot be made. However, ongoing trials will probably clarify this aspect...
- In patients with HCV genotype 2 or 3 infection and RVR 14 weeks treatment is noninferior to 24 weeks. Pooled analysis of two Scandinavian trialsOlav Dalgard
Medical Department, Rikshospitalet, Oslo
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:552-6. 2010..To compare 14 and 24 weeks treatment to patients with HCV genotype 2 or 3 infection and rapid virological response (RVR)...
- [Risk factors for hepatitis C among injecting drug users in Oslo]Olav Dalgard
Medisinsk avdeling Rikshospitalet 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 129:101-4. 2009..Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is common among injecting drug users. The aims of this study were to assess the prevalence of risk behaviour and its association with HCV infection...
- Liver fibrosis in hepatitis C patients of Pakistani versus Scandinavian originHåvard Midgard
Department of Gastroenterology, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:1503-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the significance of native country for the stage of liver fibrosis in a population of HCV patients of Pakistani or Scandinavian origin living in Oslo...
- Health-related quality of life in active injecting drug users with and without chronic hepatitis C virus infectionOlav Dalgard
Medical Department Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 39:74-80. 2004..In conclusion, chronic HCV infection per se did not negatively affect the HRQOL of active injecting drug users. Those who thought they were infected had a lower HRQOL scores than those who believed they were not infected...
- Short treatment to patients with genotype 2 or 3Olav Dalgard
Hepatology 48:694. 2008
- [Hepatitis C--a health problem also in Norway]Inger Sofie Samdal Vik
Avdeling for virologi Nasjonalt folkehelseinstitutt Geitmyrsveien 75 0462 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:563-6. 2008..The aim of this article is to describe the clinical course, microbiological diagnostic approaches, therapy, prophylaxis and public health aspects of Hepatitis C infection...
- [Treatment of chronic hepatitis C]Helge Bell
Seksjon for leversykdommer Medisinsk klinikk Aker universitetssykehus 0514 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:926-8. 2002