Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Climate change causing phase transitions of walleye pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) recruitment dynamicsLorenzo Ciannelli
Alaska Fisheries Science Center, NOAA, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Proc Biol Sci 272:1735-43. 2005..Such changes may in turn cause a phase transition of recruitment dynamics with profound implications for the management of the entire stock...
- Spatial anatomy of species survival: effects of predation and climate-driven environmental variabilityLorenzo Ciannelli
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis CEES, Department of Biology, P O Box 1066, University of Oslo, Oslo N 0316, Norway
Ecology 88:635-46. 2007..Results from these and similar studies, focusing on the spatial variability of survival rates, can be used to characterize species habitat quality of marine renewable resources...
- Density dependence and density independence during the early life stages of four marine fish stocksGjert E Dingsør
Department of Biology, University of Bergen, P O Box 7800, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Ecology 88:625-34. 2007..We found strong indications for interactions among the studied species, pointing to the importance of viewing the problem of species recruitment variability as a community, rather than as a population phenomenon...
- Seasonal plankton dynamics along a cross-shelf gradientNils Chr Stenseth
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1066 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Proc Biol Sci 273:2831-8. 2006..With the inclusion of the environmental factors, the main observed seasonal and inter-annual dynamic patterns within the studied plankton assemblage also indicate the prevalence of bottom-up regulatory control...
- The effect of climate variation on agro-pastoral production in AfricaLeif Christian Stige
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:3049-53. 2006..Management measures include annual changes in crop selection and storage strategies in response to El Niño Southern Oscillation-based and North Atlantic Oscillation-based predictions for the next growing season...
- Oscillating trophic control induces community reorganization in a marine ecosystemMichael A Litzow
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, Kodiak, AK 99615, USA
Ecol Lett 10:1124-34. 2007..Complete understanding of trophic control in ecosystems capable of transitions between alternate states may therefore require observations spanning more than one state...