Vera M Abeler
Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Uterine sarcomas in Norway. A histopathological and prognostic survey of a total population from 1970 to 2000 including 419 patientsVera M Abeler
Division of Pathology, Radiumhospitalet, University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Histopathology 54:355-64. 2009..To determine the frequency and survival of the various types of uterine sarcoma in the total population of Norway and evaluate histopathological prognostic factors in order to identify risk groups...
- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry in uterine sarcomas: a study of 397 casesVera M Abeler
Division of Pathology, Radiumhospitalet Rikshospitalet, University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:236-43. 2011..In conclusion, when immunohistochemistry is used diagnostically in uterine sarcomas, a broad panel of markers provides better information than reliance on a single antibody...
- Genomic aberration patterns and expression profiles of squamous cell carcinomas of the vulvaFrancesca Micci
Section for Cancer Cytogenetics, Institute for Medical Informatics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:551-63. 2013..Notable among the downregulated genes were MAL (in 2q11), KRT4 (in 12q13), and OLFM4 (in 13q14), whereas upregulated genes included SPRR2G (in 1q21.3) and S100A7A (in 1q21.3)...
- Array-CGH analysis of microdissected chromosome 19 markers in ovarian carcinoma identifies candidate target genesFrancesca Micci
Section for Cancer Cytogenetics, Institute for Medical Informatics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:1046-53. 2010....
- Evaluation of genomic changes in a large series of malignant ovarian germ cell tumors--relation to clinicopathologic variablesWanja Kildal
Department of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research, The University Clinic of the Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 155:25-32. 2004..DNA ploidy gives significant prognostic information in addition to the clinical stage in mOGCT with FIGO stage II-IV...
- Genomic aberrations in borderline ovarian tumorsFrancesca Micci
Section for Cancer Cytogenetics, Institute for Medical Informatics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Transl Med 8:21. 2010..According to the scientific literature, less than 30 borderline ovarian tumors have been karyotyped and less than 100 analyzed for genomic imbalances by CGH...
- Reverse painting of microdissected chromosome 19 markers in ovarian carcinoma identifies a complex rearrangement mapFrancesca Micci
Department of Medical Genetics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:184-93. 2009..A detailed map of the rearrangements should provide clues to the positions of oncogenes and potential fusion genes important in ovarian carcinogenesis...
- Image cytometry DNA ploidy correlates with histological subtypes in endometrial carcinomasManohar Pradhan
Pathology Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Mod Pathol 19:1227-35. 2006..001). Our results show that DNA ploidy-related parameters may be valuable in subtyping histologically difficult cases of endometrial carcinomas...
- Effect of the codon 72 polymorphism (c.215G>C, p.Arg72Pro) in combination with somatic sequence variants in the TP53 gene on survival in patients with advanced ovarian carcinomaYun Wang
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hum Mutat 24:21-34. 2004..008) and tended to increase with increasing FIGO stages (P=0.05), but had no significant effect on survival. No association between p63 protein accumulation and TP53 protein accumulation was seen...
- Beta-catenin expression in uterine sarcomas and its relation to clinicopathological parametersWanja Kildal
Institute for Medical Informatics, Radiumhospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Eur J Cancer 45:2412-7. 2009..033), but not to survival. The observation of up-regulated beta-catenin expression in US might suggest a so far undocumented role for the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in these malignancies...
- Candidate genes for testicular cancer evaluated by in situ protein expression analyses on tissue microarraysRolf I Skotheim
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Neoplasia 5:397-404. 2003..In summary, we have developed a high-throughput tool for the evaluation of TGCT markers, and utilized this to validate five candidate genes whose protein expressions were indeed deregulated in TGCT...
- A distinct pattern in the DNA ploidy histograms of hydatidiform moles and nonmolar abortuses is caused by accumulation of trophoblasts in the late s-phaseManohar Pradhan
Pathology Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:432-6. 2007..The knowledge of this specific S-phase fraction distribution in molar and nonmolar pregnancy material is important when interpreting the DNA histograms. The possibility of hypoxia being the cause of this phenomenon is also discussed...
- Genomic aberrations in carcinomas of the uterine corpusFrancesca Micci
Department of Cancer Genetics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 40:229-46. 2004....
- Large scale genomic instability as an additive prognostic marker in early prostate cancerMaria E Pretorius
Institute for Medical Informatics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cell Oncol 31:251-9. 2009..We tested DNA ploidy as a prognostic factor for clinical outcome in 186 patients treated with radical prostatectomy...
- NKX3.1 expression is lost in testicular germ cell tumorsRolf I Skotheim
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Am J Pathol 163:2149-54. 2003..These results suggest that NKX3.1 is essential for normal testis function and that its loss of expression is highly associated with the invasive phenotype of testicular germ cell tumors...
- The prognostic impact of cyclin dependent kinase inhibitors p21WAF1, p27Kip1, and p16INK4/MTS1 in adenocarcinomas of the uterine cervix: an immunohistochemical evaluation of expression patterns in population-based material from 142 patients with internatiG Cecilie Alfsen
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cancer 98:1880-9. 2003..The authors assessed the prognostic significance of abnormal cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor (CDKI) expression in adenocarcinomas of the uterine cervix...
- Diagnosis and treatment of sarcoma of the uterus. A reviewClaes G Trope
Department of Gynaecologic Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Norway
Acta Oncol 51:694-705. 2012..However, there is currently no consensus on the significance of various prognostic factors. Therefore the available clinicopathological data on US are summarized in this review...
- Genome profiles of bilateral dysgerminomas, a unilateral gonadoblastoma, and a metastasis from a 46, XY phenotypic femaleWanja Kildal
Department of Pathology, University Clinic of The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hum Pathol 34:946-9. 2003..We therefore propose that the metastasis most probably developed from the dysgerminoma of the left ovary...
- Placental site trophoblastic tumor (PSTT) in mother and child: first report of PSTT in infancyTom Monclair
Pediatric Surgical Service, Department of Surgery, The National Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:187-91; discussion 192. 2002..To the authors' knowledge, placental site trophoblastic tumors occurring simultaneously in mother and infant have not previously been reported...