Leif Edvard Aaro
Affiliation: University of Bergen
- Associations between adolescent socioeducational status and use of snus and smokingSimon Øverland
Research Centre for Health Promotion, Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, Christiesgate 13, Bergen 5015, Norway
Tob Control 19:291-6. 2010....
- Resource-oriented music therapy for psychiatric patients with low therapy motivation: protocol for a randomised controlled trial [NCT00137189]Christian Gold
Faculty of Health Studies, Sogn og Fjordane University College, 6823 Sandane, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 5:39. 2005..An additional aim of the study is to examine the mechanisms of change through music therapy...
- Promoting sexual and reproductive health in early adolescence in South Africa and Tanzania: development of a theory- and evidence-based intervention programmeLeif Edvard Aarø
Research Centre for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Public Health 34:150-8. 2006..The present article describes the organization, theoretical basis, and methodological approach of a project that aims at developing and evaluating school-based interventions targeting adolescents aged 12-14 years...
- Parental education as an indicator of socioeconomic status: improving quality of data by requiring consistency across measurement occasionsLeif Edvard Aarø
Research Centre for Health Promotion, Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, Norway, Division of Mental Health, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Public Health 37:16-27. 2009..We hypothesized that consistent reporting of parents' education across measurement occasions in prospective panel studies indicates a higher quality of data than single or inconsistent reports...
- [Use of tobacco among Norwegian pupils in secondary school 1975-2005]Leif Edvard Aarø
Hemil senteret Det psykologiske fakultet Universitetet i Bergen Christies gate 13 5015 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1815-9. 2008..The proportion of daily smokers in the adult Norwegian population is gradually decreasing. We have examined changes in smoking among secondary school students (1975 - 2005) and changes in snus use (smokeless tobacco) from 1985 through 2005...
- Sociodemographic variations in communication on sexuality and HIV/AIDS with parents, family members and teachers among in-school adolescents: a multi-site study in Tanzania and South AfricaFrancis Sande Namisi
Research Centre for Health Promotion, Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Public Health 37:65-74. 2009..To identify with whom in-school adolescents preferred to communicate about sexuality, and to study adolescents' communication on HIV/AIDS, abstinence and condoms with parents/guardians, other adult family members, and teachers...
- Smoking in relation to anxiety and depression: evidence from a large population survey: the HUNT studyArnstein Mykletun
University of Bergen, Faculty of Psychology, Research Centre for Health Promotion, Christiesgt 13, N 5015 Bergen, Norway
Eur Psychiatry 23:77-84. 2008..No decline in anxiety or depression was found with time since cessation. Previous studies of associations between depression and smoking might have overestimated the association when ignoring comorbid anxiety...
- [BE smokeFREE--evaluation of an intervention program for smoke-free schools]Ola Jøsendal
HEMIL senteret, Universitetet i Bergen 5015 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:403-7. 2002..We present an evaluation of school-based intervention aiming at smoke-free schools (BE smokeFREE). The intervention programme was developed by the Norwegian Cancer Society...
- Evaluation of the school-based smoking-prevention program "BE smokeFREE"Ola Jøsendal
Research Center for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
Scand J Psychol 46:189-99. 2005..This school-based intervention, based on a social influence approach, proved to be effective at reducing smoking rates among participants...
- Associations between schools' tobacco restrictions and adolescents' use of tobaccoSimon Øverland
Research Centre for Health Promotion, Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, N 5015 Bergen, Norway
Health Educ Res 25:748-56. 2010..Strict school tobacco policies may be an important tool if health authorities are interested in implementing measures to limit or reduce snus use among adolescents...
- Employment status and perceived health in the Hordaland Health Study (HUSK)Simon Overland
Research Centre for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
BMC Public Health 6:219. 2006....