Affiliation: Sykehuset Innlandet
- Iatrogenic esophago-tracheal fistula: challenges in diagnosis and managementØistein Hovde
Department of Gastroenterology Internal Medicine, Innlandet Hospital Trust, 2819 Gjøvik, Norway
World J Gastroenterol 19:594-6. 2013..Although we advise treatment of such cases with SEMS, in some cases treatment with stents will prove troublesome and the risk/benefit analysis will have to be reevaluated...
- Epidemiology and clinical course of Crohn's disease: results from observational studiesØistein Hovde
Department of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology, Innlandet Hospital Trust, 2819 Gjøvik, Oppland, Norway
World J Gastroenterol 18:1723-31. 2012..To date, the most effective treatment options in acute flares are glucocorticosteroids and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α-blockers. Azathioprine/methotrexate and TNF-α-blockers are effective in maintaining remission...
- [A woman with stomach pain previously surgically treated for morbid obesity]Øistein Hovde
Medisinsk avdeling, Sykehuset Innlandet, Gjøvik, 2818 Gjøvik
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:31-2. 2007
- A comparison of diagnostic tests for lactose malabsorption--which one is the best?Øistein Hovde
Department of Medicine, Innlandet Hospital Trust, Gjøvik, Norway
BMC Gastroenterol 9:82. 2009..Perceived milk intolerance is a common complaint, and tests for lactose malabsorption (LM) are unreliable. This study assesses the agreement between diagnostic tests for LM and describes the diagnostic properties of the tests...
- Mortality and causes of death in Crohn's disease: results from 20 years of follow-up in the IBSEN studyØistein Hovde
Department of Gastroenterology, Innlandet Hospital Trust, Gjøvik, Oppland, Norway
Gut 63:771-5. 2014..The primary aim of the present study was to evaluate mortality and causes of death 20 years after the diagnosis in a well defined population-based cohort of CD patients in Norway...