Affiliation: Stavanger University Hospital
- Small-diameter nerve fiber neuropathy in systemic lupus erythematosusLasse G Gøransson
Department of Internal Medicine, Stavanger University Hospital, Norway
Arch Neurol 63:401-4. 2006..Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an inflammatory, autoimmune, multiorgan disease often involving the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Biological mechanisms of chronic fatigueKatrine B Norheim
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Immunology Unit, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1009-18. 2011....
- Intraepidermal nerve fiber densities in chronic inflammatory autoimmune diseasesLasse G Gøransson
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Arch Neurol 63:1410-3. 2006..Some patients with systemic lupus erythematosus have selective loss of small-diameter nerve fibers, while larger nerve fibers are unaffected...
- Peripheral neuropathy in primary sjogren syndrome: a population-based studyLasse G Gøransson
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway, Norway
Arch Neurol 63:1612-5. 2006..Neurological manifestations appear to be frequently involved in patients with primary Sjögren syndrome (PSS)...
- Fatigue in primary Sjögren's syndrome--a link to sickness behaviour in animals?Erna Harboe
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Stavanger University Hospital, Norway
Brain Behav Immun 23:1104-8. 2009..Increased levels of IL-1Ra in the CSF are associated with increasing fatigue in PSS patients, indicating that the activated IL-1 system is a possible biological factor associated with fatigue...
- The effect of interleukin-1 blockade on fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis--a pilot studyRoald Omdal
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine, Rogaland Central Hospital, 4068, Stavanger, Norway
Rheumatol Int 25:481-4. 2005..This study compared measures of disease behavior and fatigue symptoms in eight RA patients before and at three time points during treatment with daily administration of anakinra...
- Fatigue in patients with lupus is not associated with disturbances in cerebral blood flow as detected by SPECTRoald Omdal
Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine, Rogaland Central Hospital, 4068 Stavanger, Norway
J Neurol 252:78-83. 2005..We investigated whether focal or general disturbances of cerebral blood flow (CBF), as assessed by SPECT, were associated with the presence of fatigue in an unselected group of SLE patients...