Affiliation: Rikshospitalet University Hospital
- 1The natural history of hip development in cerebral palsyTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:951-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate a population-based radiographic hip surveillance programme for children with cerebral palsy (CP) and to assess the natural history of hip displacement...
- 1Varus femoral osteotomy improves sphericity of the femoral head in older children with severe form of Legg-Calvé-Perthes diseaseTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopaedics, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, and University of Oslo, NO 0027 Oslo, Norway
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2394-401. 2012..0 years at diagnosis with femoral head necrosis of more than 50%. That study did not include separate analyses for hips with 100% necrosis and those with a percentage of necrosis between 50% and 100%...
- Radiographic evaluation of osteoarthritis of the hip: an inter-observer study of 61 hips treated for late-detected developmental hip dislocationTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopaedics, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
Acta Orthop 83:185-9. 2012..Different methods have been used to classify osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip. We evaluated the reliability of different classifications in order to find which grading system is most appropriate for use in clinical practice...
- 1[Orthopaedic problems in adults with cerebral palsy]Terje Terjesen
Ortopedisk avdeling, Rikshospitalet, Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:156-9. 2004..There is little information about the need for orthopaedic surgery in adults with cerebral palsy; we wanted to assess this problem...
- The natural history of Perthes' diseaseTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopedics, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Norway
Acta Orthop 81:708-14. 2010..We assessed the natural history of the disease and defined prognostic factors of value in deciding the proper treatment...
- 1Development of the hip joints in unoperated children with cerebral palsy: a radiographic study of 76 patientsTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopedics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, NO 0027Oslo, Norway
Acta Orthop 77:125-31. 2006..The aims of the present study were to assess the development of hip dysplasia in children with bilateral spastic cerebral palsy and to evaluate the factors that influence the progression...
- 1Long-term results after closed reduction of latedetected hip dislocation: 60 patients followed up to skeletal maturityTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopaedics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, NO 0027
Acta Orthop 78:236-46. 2007..The aims were to evaluate the outcome after skeletal maturity and to find predictive factors for good and poor results...
- 1Inter-observer reliability of radiographic classifications and measurements in the assessment of Perthes' diseaseOla Wiig
Department of Orthopaedics, Aust Agder Hospital, Arendal, Norway
Acta Orthop Scand 73:523-30. 2002..When they are less experienced examiners, a 2-group classification or the lateral pillar classification is more reliable. For evaluation of containment of the femoral head, FHC is more appropriate than the CE-angle...
- 1Evaluation of the subchondral fracture in predicting the extent of femoral head necrosis in Perthes disease: a prospective study of 92 patientsOla Wiig
Orthopaedic Centre, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Pediatr Orthop B 13:293-8. 2004..Awareness of this radiographic sign will aid the orthopaedic surgeon to establish diagnosis and, to some degree, to predict prognosis early in the course of the disease...
- 1Preoperative gait analysis has a substantial effect on orthopedic decision making in children with cerebral palsy: comparison between clinical evaluation and gait analysis in 60 patientsBjørn Lofterød
Section for Child Neurology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Orthop 78:74-80. 2007..The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate to what extent introduction of 3-D gait analysis changes preoperative surgical planning...
- 1Results of treatment when orthopaedic surgeons follow gait-analysis recommendations in children with CPBjørn Lofterød
Section for Child Neurology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Sognsvannsveien 20, Oslo, Norway
Dev Med Child Neurol 50:503-9. 2008..We conclude that gait analysis was useful in confirming clinical indications for surgery, in defining indications for surgery that had not been clinically proposed, and for excluding or delaying surgery that was clinically proposed...
- 1[Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease]Ola Wiig
Ortopedisk avdeling, Oslo universitetssykehus, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 131:946-9. 2011..Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease is characterized by avascular necrosis of the head of the femur. This article deals with the epidemiology, possible causes, treatment and prognostic factors connected with the disease...
- Proximal femoral resection arthroplasty for patients with cerebral palsy and dislocated hips: 20 patients followed for 1-6 yearsAndreas Knaus
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Norway
Acta Orthop 80:32-6. 2009..We studied the outcome of proximal femoral resection, especially regarding pain, sitting balance, perineal care, and patient satisfaction...
- 1Can persistent drop foot after calf muscle lengthening be predicted preoperatively?Bjørn Lofterød
Section for Child Neurology, Department of Paediatrics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Sognsvannsveien 20, Oslo, Norway
J Foot Ankle Surg 48:631-6. 2009..A lower selective motor control score rather than normal function is not predictive of either normal swing or drop foot. Level of Evidence: 2...
- 1[Gait analysis--a new diagnostic tool]Bjørn Lofterød
Barnenevrologisk seksjon, Barneklinikken, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:2014-6. 2005..After three years' experience we recommend gait analysis in routine diagnostics, particularly as a preoperative evaluation, in all children with gait problems and in the follow up after surgery or other treatment...
- Changes in lower limb rotation after soft tissue surgery in spastic diplegiaBjørn Lofterød
Section for Child Neurology, Norway
Acta Orthop 81:245-9. 2010..In this retrospective study, we determined whether multilevel soft tissue surgery, performed to correct deformities in the sagittal plane, would also have an effect on rotational parameters...
- 1Reliability of radiographic parameters in adults with hip dysplasiaTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopaedics, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Skeletal Radiol 41:811-6. 2012..To assess the reliability of radiographic measurements in adults previously treated for developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) and to clarify whether these parameters differ according to position of the patient (supine versus standing)...
- 1Adductor tenotomy in spastic cerebral palsy. A long-term follow-up study of 78 patientsTerje Terjesen
Department of Orthopedics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, NO 0027 Oslo, Norway
Acta Orthop 76:128-37. 2005..There is a risk of hip dislocation in children with spastic cerebral palsy. We evaluated the prophylactic effect of adductor tenotomy in patients with long-term follow-up...
- 1[Cerebral palsy in children--motor function and new treatment strategies]Bjørn Lofterød
Barnenevrologisk seksjon, Barneklinikken, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:2648-51. 2006..A close collaboration with the parents is therefore essential. Children with cerebral palsy are a relatively small group, and the increased specialisation may indicate that parts of the treatment should be centralised...
- Inter-observer reliability of the Stulberg classification in the assessment of Perthes diseaseOla Wiig
Orthopaedic Centre, Ulleval University Hospital, 0407, Oslo, Norway
J Child Orthop 1:101-5. 2007..The aim of the present study was to determine whether the Stulberg classification is sufficiently reliable for routine clinical use in the assessment of Perthes disease...
- Local and distant effects of isolated calf muscle lengthening in children with cerebral palsy and equinus gaitBjørn Lofterød
Pediatric, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Sognsvannsveien 20, 0027, Oslo, Norway
J Child Orthop 2:55-61. 2008..The purpose was to assess the local and distant effects of isolated calf muscle lengthening in ambulant children with cerebral palsy...